• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tuesday is my Wednesday price rant

Radar363

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
My work week starts on Sunday so my rant schedule is all messed up...
But doesn't everyone know that S&W has a 75 dollar rebate on Shields and that they are also on sale everywhere?
No one is going to pay 350-400 dollars for a used one...and fill out a bill of sale...or give you a copy of their ID.
Okay, I feel better.

A sucker is born everyday.

I honestly know people that would rather pay more to buy a used firearm private party than they could buy a new one for PURELY because they don't want to fill out a 4473.. they could pass it no problem, but they think the gubment has no business knowing what they buy... while I agree with them I also don't have quite enough tin foil on my hat yet to believe that the government actually keeps running track of every 4473 ever filled out and who has what.

Not saying that they dont, and I don't like filling out the electronic ones because those records are much easier to get access to and/or search (I do wear enough tin foil to think those are extremely bad) but its not like if you have a weapons permit the government doesn't expect that you own a firearm or 10.

A sucker is born everyday.

I honestly know people that would rather pay more to buy a used firearm private party than they could buy a new one for PURELY because they don't want to fill out a 4473.. they could pass it no problem, but they think the gubment has no business knowing what they buy... while I agree with them I also don't have quite enough tin foil on my hat yet to believe that the government actually keeps running track of every 4473 ever filled out and who has what.

Not saying that they dont, and I don't like filling out the electronic ones because those records are much easier to get access to and/or search (I do wear enough tin foil to think those are extremely bad) but its not like if you have a weapons permit the government doesn't expect that you own a firearm or 10.
The gun store keeps the 4473 NOT the ATF. IF a gun sold from a dealer is used in a crime. The FEDS will ask the shop for the 4473 at that time. Even if you don't have a carry permit and the dealer calls in a background check The FEDS only know your name not the gun or serial #, that info is on the 4473 the dealer keeps, forever or until they go out of business and turn over their records to the ATF.

The bill of sale protects all of us...

Plus who wants your gun "registered " bu the gubment?

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom