• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tula Ammo .40 SW

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hello,
I was at walmart today picking up some .40 sw and saw that they had tula ammo for several dollars cheaper than even the winchester white box. Was wondering if anybody had any experience with this brand, specifically through glocks. I have a g27 and could do a little more shooting if i were to switch to this brand.
Thanks guys,
Caleb

I know several ranges won't allow it...the bullets are copper jacketed steel and cause sparks when they are fired at indoor ranges. I didn't like it because it was a very dirty load, really mucks up the works.

I have shot a couple of varieties of Tula and never had a problem with it. I don't think that the bullets are copper covered steel (I may be wrong but I don't think so) but the casings are lacquered steel rather than brass. That may be the cause of sparks, it's harder on your ejector, etc and the cases can't be reloaded. But for once through shooting I've not had an issue with them.

only thing I noticed are hard primers... out of 200 rounds of 9mm I had two fail to fires on the first strike with both my sig 226 and my keltec pf9. Second strike did the trick.

so should have posted this a tad earlier but, 3 boxes absolutely zero problems, definitely a little dirtier than some but at a savings of about 4 dollars a box for .40 ill take it, as accurate as just about anything else through the 27, thumbs up from me

Back
Top Bottom