• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tumbler for baffles

I throw them in after each and every use . The longer you wait the more time it takes . It’s not the tumblers fault ... that is your fault . I clean all my firearm stuff the moment I get home. So for me it always is a “set and forget” process . Your mileage will very based on habits

Aluminum baffles?

It's a set of different additives that came with it to polish rocks. Course grit,medium, light.

I don't have any cans, but I have polished rocks, and no way would I use rock "polishing" abrasives on expensive metal parts. It grinds away a lot of the rocks-- I expect it will erode your baffles.

And "the dip"-- sounds innocuous, but the catalytic reaction it starts will eat steel, though I don't know about stainless. No question about it rapidly removing lead, but don't let the "harmless" ingredients fool you-- it's powerful stuff. Definitely research before using.

I went to harbor freight today and bought this one
Haven't got the stainless Steel pins yet but still giving it a try with the course mix

https://m.harborfreight.com/dual-drum-rotary-rock-tumbler-67632.html

I'm assuming that It'll do the job just as well as any other unit as they all pretty much do the same thing.... Tumble material with abrasive material to clean or polish. The harbor freight tumbler should should work just fine with proven results posted by @sovietak474u. It's just that I chose a different brand when looking for gift ideas for Christmas.

And "the dip"-- sounds innocuous, but the catalytic reaction it starts will eat steel, though I don't know about stainless. No question about it rapidly removing lead, but don't let the "harmless" ingredients fool you-- it's powerful stuff. Definitely research before using.
The dip is perfectly safe for stainless. I've left my Sparrow monocore and my CMMG 22 bolt in it for 24+ hours at a time before with no damage to either one.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT safe for aluminum.

I have no idea about other types of steel besides stainless.

The dip is perfectly safe for stainless. I've left my Sparrow monocore and my CMMG 22 bolt in it for 24+ hours at a time before with no damage to either one.

I'm pretty sure it's NOT safe for aluminum.

I have no idea about other types of steel besides stainless.

Just don't drink the blue Koolaid it makes.

Back
Top Bottom