• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
yeah, cars that come down from up north, LOL never had an rust issue..... how about you @LARGO9 ?

Not true bro the cost maybe the same.... it the incentives are different which is why when you build your truck online it ask or your zip code.
I know cars up north rust too, but they also rust in FL. As info, the Yoda was a bust. Went to look at it, and the undercarriage was covered in mud, and it had been in deep enough to even splatter from the engines fan into the hood area. Generally, it did not look very clean/taken care of for a 16" with 26K miles.

I am working a deal on 2 new ones. Rebates I see are $1,250, which GA has as well for the CrewMax.

I sold cars 10+ years ago (ETA: who knows, alot has probably changed since then), and unless rebates were wildly different from surrounding states, which 99% of the time they were not, I never lost a deal to an out of state quote. Again, they buy them all the same. If another person was getting quoted $500-$1000 cheaper than us, we would match it....no problem. If dealers have stair step, or just straight dealer rebates, they advertise the hell out of "Now knocking 10K off new Hemi Rams"...etc....

For curiosity, I am going to try and haggle a couple trucks out of state, see where I get. If I am wrong, and they are quite a bit less, I will admit I am wrong and just end up getting a truck cheaper. However, I also think if they are quite a bit cheaper, I can have a "local" dealer match it, and save any hassle of arranging delivery dates or having to travel to go get it. We shall see...

[QUOTE="Wallace's, post: 6864580, member: 19553"

For curiosity, I am going to try and haggle a couple trucks out of state, see where I get. If I am wrong, and they are quite a bit less, I will admit I am wrong and just end up getting a truck cheaper. However, I also think if they are quite a bit cheaper, I can have a "local" dealer match it, and save any hassle of arranging delivery dates or having to travel to go get it. We shall see...[/QUOTE]

You maybe be right with Toyota.... Fords prices jump around.

Just send @CliffB to get it, LOL dude is like that show "shipping wars" !

I was in the same boat as you and could not decide on trucks. And after months of looking and testing and researching I finally drove off in a GMC Denali.

I know cars up north rust too, but they also rust in FL. As info, the Yoda was a bust. Went to look at it, and the undercarriage was covered in mud, and it had been in deep enough to even splatter from the engines fan into the hood area. Generally, it did not look very clean/taken care of for a 16" with 26K miles.

I am working a deal on 2 new ones. Rebates I see are $1,250, which GA has as well for the CrewMax.

I sold cars 10+ years ago (ETA: who knows, alot has probably changed since then), and unless rebates were wildly different from surrounding states, which 99% of the time they were not, I never lost a deal to an out of state quote. Again, they buy them all the same. If another person was getting quoted $500-$1000 cheaper than us, we would match it....no problem. If dealers have stair step, or just straight dealer rebates, they advertise the hell out of "Now knocking 10K off new Hemi Rams"...etc....

For curiosity, I am going to try and haggle a couple trucks out of state, see where I get. If I am wrong, and they are quite a bit less, I will admit I am wrong and just end up getting a truck cheaper. However, I also think if they are quite a bit cheaper, I can have a "local" dealer match it, and save any hassle of arranging delivery dates or having to travel to go get it. We shall see...

Call Scott Clark Toyota
See what they offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="Wallace's, post: 6864580, member: 19553"

You maybe be right with Toyota.... Fords prices jump around.

Just send @CliffB to get it, LOL dude is like that show "shipping wars" ![/QUOTE]

I may have to PM him. Throw him a few bucks to work an awesome deal for me and save me the headache. Lol

Most expensive vehicle I have ever had to insure was my 2013 Toyota Tacoma. I was paying twice for full coverage on the Base model 4x4 Tacoma what I am now paying for my new F250 4x4 King Ranch.

Crazy to pay twice as much to insure a vehicle worth 3.5 times less that will clearly do less damage to other vehicles in an accident.

Just something to consider.

Most expensive vehicle I have ever had to insure was my 2013 Toyota Tacoma. I was paying twice for full coverage on the Base model 4x4 Tacoma what I am now paying for my new F250 4x4 King Ranch.

Crazy to pay twice as much to insure a vehicle worth 3.5 times less that will clearly do less damage to other vehicles in an accident.

Just something to consider.

My insurance is actually cheaper with a Tundra than my STI. The F150 quoted was nearly the same rate with USAA.

My insurance is actually cheaper with a Tundra than my STI. The F150 quoted was nearly the same rate with USAA.

Yeah, I don't know where the tundra rates to insure. I have never had one. I just know that the Tacoma ate my lunch. My agent told me it was because they won't total one. He said I could burn it to the ground and they would rebuild it rather than total it.

I thought he was exaggerating until I was rear ended and they replaced my bent frame.

Yeah, I don't know where the tundra rates to insure. I have never had one. I just know that the Tacoma ate my lunch. My agent told me it was because they won't total one. He said I could burn it to the ground and they would rebuild it rather than total it.

I thought he was exaggerating until I was rear ended and they replaced my bent frame.

They literally replaced the frame? Or straitened it out?

I've had both. Tundra. I have 236,000 miles on mine and still going strong bought it new. The most I got out of my a f-150 it went 124,000 miles before I started having electrical problems. Mouth the f-150 new also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom