• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
Well......I have to eat a little crow here. I ended up getting a brand new 17' in Kentucky for $4K cheaper than the best deal any ATL area dealer had to offer (pending they had what I wanted).

Thanks for the recommendation about sourcing out of state. Seems the industry has changed quite a bit since I was in in about 10 years ago.

Anyways, here is a poor pic of the truck I got:

View attachment 1093744

I'll be in Kentucky tomorrow. Want a ride?

It amazes me that some dealers are thousands of dollars different in price for the exact same car
You MUST shop around in a large radius , and you gotta get out of Atlanta , this city has the highest priced cars in the entire country
And I guess most people don't shop around out of state , if they did , the dealers in Atlanta couldn't charge so much

Even for the used cars, my teenage son wanted a 73-80 Chevy K-10 Stepside
All the ones around Atlanta were way overpriced and or rusted bad
We found one in Arizona without a spec of rust that actually cost far less than the ones around Atlanta even after paying to have it flat bedded to Georgia

You're gonna love it

I loved that the entire rear cab window rolls down
Mine had a knob On the dash to adjust the aim of the headlights and the backup camera playing in the rear new mirror was nice

And the tundra driving position feels like a truck
You sit upright , I like that .

All the other pickups have you sitting down like you're in grandmas Buick

And OMG. The power , when you floor it that baby would move. And sounded sooo good at wide open throttle
No fake engine noises played through the stereo speaker like ford uses to fool people into thinking the engine is powerful

Mine had a couple of quirks I didn't like ,
I hated the compass in the rear view mirror and you have to switch it off every time you start the car

In a few years the tundra will be the only truck with a real V-8 since they don't sell as many pickups and sell millions of prius'es to balance out the CAFE regs

Did the one you got have the console shifter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of real world mileage are you 4wd Tundra guys getting on the highway and around town. I've seen a few with slightly larger tires that look pretty decent.

What kind of real world mileage are you 4wd Tundra guys getting on the highway and around town. I've seen a few with slightly larger tires that look pretty decent.

Mine was 2wd
I got 15 in town and 19 hwy. and that was with a company truck that someone else was buying the gas so I was enjoying a lot of full throttle starts

You're gonna love it

I loved that the rear cab window rolls down
Mine had a knob On the dash to adjust the aim of the headlights
And OMG. The power , when you floor it that baby would move. And sounded sooo good at wide open throttle
No fake engine noises played through the stereo speaker like ford uses to fool people into thinking the engine is powerful

In a few years the tundra will be the only truck with a real V-8 since they don't sell as many pickups and sell millions of prius'es to balance out the CAFE regs

Did the one you got have the console shifter ?

Yes, console shift.

Ouch, that is aweful! I wish they'd slap a diesel in there and get 20+ that would be my next vehicle then, a trd pro diesel
I wouldn't want it as a diesel personally. I also didn't buy this for fuel economy. If that were the case, I would have got the F-150 EcoBoost, but after driving 5 of them, I just didn't like it. That, and I wasn't a big fan of the interior on the F-150 either. I was trying to like them, and was "ok" with getting one, but I drove a Tundra again, and then went and drove another F-150 that afternoon, and that pretty much sealed the deal on getting the Tundra.

Back
Top Bottom