• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I wouldn't want it as a diesel personally. I also didn't buy this for fuel economy. If that were the case, I would have got the F-150 EcoBoost, but after driving 5 of them, I just didn't like it. That, and I wasn't a big fan of the interior on the F-150 either. I was trying to like them, and was "ok" with getting one, but I drove a Tundra again, and then went and drove another F-150 that afternoon, and that pretty much sealed the deal on getting the Tundra.

IMG_1140.GIF

What kind of real world mileage are you 4wd Tundra guys getting on the highway and around town. I've seen a few with slightly larger tires that look pretty decent.

Mine (4wd) gets about 14-15 on highway and 13-14 in city. That's the only draw back to the 5.7 v8. Horrible gas mileage. The 4.6 v8 is a nice engine also. Buddy has one in 4wd. It's a torguey engine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beautiful truck man!! GREAT choice! One thing I would recommend would be to get you the TRD Rear Swaybar. Put it on mine and it made the truck handle sooooooo much better. One thing Tundras lack is a rear swaybar standard. Dont understand that, but the TRD swaybar is pretty easy to install and made a world of difference.

Oh yeah! That's a must! Put one on my Toyota and it makes A WORLD of difference.

I was told by a master Toyota mechanic that the engine doesn't break in (everything doesn't seat) until 30,000 miles and that your gas mileage will improve a little after that.

He said GM engines are built loose and are designed to burn a little oil when you start getting a lot of mileage on them. He said its. It not a negative on the engine. German engines are also designed to burn a little oil.

I have owned 3 Toyota trucks. Lets just say ,one went to 297000 then sold it,the second went 165000 nothing ever broke,was rolled over twice and totaled on ice, wife walked away. I`m on my third 140000 all original parts. Seems like most folks I talk to always say how many times they have had theirs in shop.

My 05 tundra has 180000 miles. I have it at our farm. 4wd, 15mpg.

I bought an F150 with ecoboost little over a week ago, sticker $45,000. I drove it off the lot at akins ford for $31,700 (no cash down, I did trade in my old carry that was burning oil like crazy) allowed $3k trade.

So far I have 900miles and I am averaging 24mpg.

Ouch, that is aweful! I wish they'd slap a diesel in there and get 20+ that would be my next vehicle then, a trd pro diesel

Do the math
With most vehicles the depreciation is what costs you big money. The fuel doesn't cost you anywhere near what the depreciation costs you

The tundra engine is very strong and has plenty of power for towing
I think around 400 HP and 400 ft lbs torque
I got 9 when I was towing. Which wasn't bad .
The extra $7k for a diesel, plus the $250 oil changes and repair costs in a F-250 just isn't worth it unless you tow every day

And Toyotas hold their value very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom