• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
I've got a friend who bought a new tundra down in newnan. That particular dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty also. I've always been a huge fan of fords, but if I were to buy a new truck right now it would be a tundra. The crew max has an unbelievable amount of room in the backseat. His is loaded in every possible way and I think he only gave 47. Fords keep getting more and more expensive too

Ford. But get the 5.0. It's a 32 valve motor, similar to the one in my Mustang GT, but tuned for better power/torque. I bought mine new and have over 100K on it. It is awesome. You loose 2mpg over the eco, but I think it is bulletproof. It does whatever a truck needs to do.

I have a 4X4 and get about 16.5mpg in combined city/highway (always rush hour) driving.

Hey Wallace- any updates after owning it for 8 months? The F150 2016 I bought (In april this year) with eco boost, no issues so far (A tad under 21,000miles). Ive hauled lumber, rocks, towed my large camper 400plus miles. I average 22-24 mpg commuting to work.

Around 12-15mpg when towing the camper.

I wish I went with a console shift. Everything else has been great.

Just saw this. 14k miles. MPG is 14.5 pretty much all the time. Looking for a car hauler for my AutoCross car. Only pulled a utility trailer with it so far so no feedback about towing as of today

Still enjoy it. Comfortable and plenty of power. Wife backed the side of her car down my rear painted bumper, so I have to get that fixed, but it’s just been good so far.

1 issue. Door switch is randomly faulty and will alert you of an open door when it’s actually closed. Getting it replaced in my next service visit in another 800 miles.

Yes, consoles are fantastic. Use mine everyday for something. Was one item I wasn’t going to sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom