• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tundra or F150? Need opinions....from those that actually own them

Tundra or F150?

• Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew Cab 5.7L V8 FFV

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • F-150 4X4 FX4 XLT SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost V6

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
Stipple the door handles and gear shifter of course.

a Noveske sticker not only ups the value 20-25% but the horsepower as well!
IMG_2511.JPG

I would also recommend you compare new Tundras in your mix, mainly because of incentives. You stated "2016 Tundra 4X4 TRD Crew cab with the 5.7 FFV V8. Yoda is pre-owned and under $40K with 26K miles (certified pre-owned, 1 owner)." The sticker price on a pretty well loaded 2017 CrewMax model should be in the mid-40s, and I have ALWAYS been able to negotiate at least a 10% discount, which gets you down to around $40k and you are one year newer and driving a NEW truck. As an example, the one below is advertised at only $44,766 and you can request the sales/discounted price via email, which could save some "haggling" time and get negotiations started. This ad is from Toyota of Newnan (toyotaofnewnan.com), where I bought my last three trucks. They also offer a "Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty." Just another thought for you to consider if you are not already overwhelmed!!

View attachment 1082221
The link below should take you to details on this specific truck:
http://www.toyotaofnewnan.com/new-Newnan-2017-Toyota-Tundra+4WD-SR5-5TFDW5F12HX618484

I hear ya, but this used one will be around $7-$8k cheaper than a new one after negotiating.

Also, internet prices almost always include available rebates and some type of dealer discount, so from MSRP you can get a descent discount off, but no so from an internet advertised price.

That lifetime warranty seems cool, just wonder how easy it is to void it (not servicing it a Toyota dealer or not at that exact dealership....etc)

ETA: a similar 2017 is $43k with an MSRP of $45k. I am sure there is another $1,000-$1,500 there, but that is still $6k more than the pre-owned one I am looking at.

$43,071 on Autotrader

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1ACF5FEA

Just putting it out there..... Atlanta has some of the highest car prices in the country.

I bought my F150, it's a CPO, 1 owner, southern truck for $10k less then what my local dealership wanted for almost the exact same truck.

almost meaning less then a thousand miles and sunroof doesn't = 10k in my book.

Also, internet prices almost always include available rebates and some type of dealer discount, so from MSRP you can get a descent discount off, but no so from an internet advertised price. That lifetime warranty seems cool, just wonder how easy it is to void it (not servicing it a Toyota dealer or not at that exact dealership....etc)

As stated, that was the MSRP and NOT the internet advertised price, so all incentives and discounts should apply. For me, I ONLY have my vehicles serviced at the dealership so they have full records. Plus, my warranty book is always dated/stamped and work orders are in the glove box. If and when I sell or trade, full documentation is available for all maintenance performed, but that is just the way I personally approach preventative maintenance.

As stated, that was the MSRP and NOT the internet advertised price, so all incentives and discounts should apply. For me, I ONLY have my vehicles serviced at the dealership so they have full records. Plus, my warranty book is always dated/stamped and work orders are in the glove box. If and when I sell or trade, full documentation is available for all maintenance performed, but that is just the way I personally approach preventative maintenance.

I agree, if not there is a good shot the mileage has been turned back....

I understand, but that Tundra does not have the equipment I am interested in.

Back
Top Bottom