• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey challenge

If no objections rules are

- bird be killed in ga
- date stamp on picture of you with the bird
- either a picture or screenshot of harvest record showing it's a legal bird
- picture of beard measurements
- picture of spur measurements
- weight of bird (optional for a non point prize)
- 2 ODT members per team

Scoring

Jake: 2 points
Tom: 4 points

Public land kill: 1 additional point
Compund/recurve Bow kill: 2 additional points
Crossbow kill: 1 additional point
Extra beard(s): 1 additional point per extra beard

Entry fee $20 to be paid at meet up before season.

Winning team will win and split the total amount collected from entry fees.

In the event of a tie the team's birds spur length and beard length totals will be added up and the team with the highest total is the winner.

I myself will be giving 2 turkey totes my wife is making to do as separate prizes for the optional heaviest bird competition, the other for the hunter who killed the bird with the longest beard. If anyone else wants to throw in other stuff for second place team, or for spur length or other prize sorts that would work too.

- bird be killed in ga
- 2 ODT members per team

Scoring

In the event of a tie the team's birds spur length and beard length totals will be added up and the team with the highest total is the winner.

I myself will be giving 2 turkey totes my wife is making to do as separate prizes for the optional heaviest bird competition, the other for the hunter who killed the bird with the longest beard. If anyone else wants to throw in other stuff for second place team, or for spur length or other prize sorts that would work too.
Sounds good to me. Probably need to post this on a separate thread so it doesn’t get covered up.

- bird be killed in ga
- 2 ODT members per team

Scoring

I will be happy to provide some prizes

i have land and have seen birds but not going to lie, I have only even called in hens and jakes! The toms seem to hate me!!!
where there was Jakes last year there will be toms this year. And more jakes. Unless the Jakes run the toms off, it's crazy how they gang up and run their daddies off...

where there was Jakes last year there will be toms this year. And more jakes. Unless the Jakes run the toms off, it's crazy how they gang up and run their daddies off...
7D8890F1-244C-4387-AE36-2AC4E09EB3CA.jpeg

Got my new vest in the mail today, alps super elite 4.0 bottomland. Cant wait to put it to use. Amazon had it for $85 the other day. Also ordered 200 feet of paracord. Should be able to make about 10-15 turkey totes in next week or so. Gonna make 2 different kinds, 1 a carry handle style and the other a sling style.

Back
Top Bottom