• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey challenge

Screenshot_20200101-135647_Gallery.jpg

In my deer hunting buck spot this turkey appeared. I've never seen them right there, it was pretty strange to see that on camera, it's a funnel, the elevation is about 30 feet lower there than 100 yards to left and right and it drops lower and gets really thick.

I'm heading out in the morning to check my camera in Hancock county, hopefully will have some turkeys on it, I know they're there but I wanna see what might get to meet its maker come spring... plus I plan on pruning some branches around the blind and scouting some other areas on the property.

Tho I just got back from Texas today and didn’t see one single raft of turkeys while I was there. They had several flooding rains back in the spring and it reflects in the turkey and quail numbers. Drowned the chicks and or destroyed most near.

Tho I just got back from Texas today and didn’t see one single raft of turkeys while I was there. They had several flooding rains back in the spring and it reflects in the turkey and quail numbers. Drowned the chicks and or destroyed most near.
dang that sucks. I've recently been looking into going to Texas to hunt Rio's.

Made a quick tote over the last hour or so. The ones for the prizes will obviously be better looking. Along with the new vest. If anyone wants one before the season starts I've currently got orange and camo paracord, I can get other colors plan on selling them $15.
20200117_231254.jpg
20200117_231354.jpg

Yeah you’re telling me! My dog hunted hard and only found two coveys in several days of hunting. Take my advice. Enjoy your bird dogs and your turkeys while you can. The feral hogs are and will destroy most of this country in the next two decades. Simply put, nothing can compete with them.
We jumped at least two sounders everyday, while hunting quail, in Texas. Number 9’s out of a 28 ga won’t do much but it’ll sure take care of piglets at 20 yards, and I poured it to them. There’s only a few things in this world that make my blood boil. One is a thief and the second is a wild hog.
May the land run as deep as a horses bridle with hog blood! Kill’em all!

Back
Top Bottom