• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey challenge

Got the 835 today. It has dead ringer sights on it which I'm pretty excited about. It came with a briley choke. No constriction marking on it so I'm not sure what constriction it actually is all I was told was it's a turkey choke. The only markings it has is for mossberg ultimag hevi-shot. Gonna put in my choke box and order a different choke soon. I've heard the kicks gobblin thunder choke combined with #5 longbeard shells is good. I got huntin buddy killed one in kentucky 72 yards away with that combo on his 835. We shall see. I was excited to see briey name on it but sad to not see markings of diameter.
My 835 is about 35 yrs old and won it new from a Wild Turkey Federation contest, Coin in the stock and all.. I use #4 copper coat for both Turkey and Geese...Still have it today but had to have it dipped by @Jclem..All my sweating over the years of hunting both, had worn the lousy camo off had on it..I use the extra full choke, and can't count how many birds it's taken..First computer hunt for Goose in the state I was picked for..And that one is on the my wall still today..It still has the leg band on it...Great shotgun you will love it! Hard to beat 3.5 shells for reaching out.

20200119_171823.jpg

Yeah come on!

Im going to pass this year. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll be chasing them with my boys this year that are 8 & 10 yrs old so im in schooling mode this year not so much in to a "competition" style season. With all that said the boys and I will probably slay them this season!

Picking up a 835 this afternoon so I can really really reach out get one. Thinking about running a kicks choke on it.
I've had an 835 with a Kicks gobbling thunder choke for years. Awesome set up. Those #5 Longbeards have rolled turkeys for me at 45 yards. Thinking about swapping chokes to shoot TSS. I want to pattern both soon and see what looks the best.

Im going to pass this year. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll be chasing them with my boys this year that are 8 & 10 yrs old so im in schooling mode this year not so much in to a "competition" style season. With all that said the boys and I will probably slay them this season!
I’ll be doing the same with my kids during the weekends......the weekdays will be “my time”.

Back
Top Bottom