• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey hunt

Stick with it, now should be the best time. If you would like to try different scenery, I could take you to a few WMA's I've had luck with.

Stick with it, now should be the best time. If you would like to try different scenery, I could take you to a few WMA's I've had luck with.

I won’t give up but at this point, I’m willing to try anywhere. I do know of one WMA field that I have had really good look with responses to calls. I just hate hunting WMAs I have had the best experiences on them

Where the hens are, the "OLE TOM GOBBLER" is in the area somewhere, just DO NOT, over call maybe 2 times in an hour. Get a decoy, one hen laying down, one hen on the stick with a little movement, and of course the brave Jake around the two hens.

Do not just hunt for an hour or two, it takes patience, patience, patience, is what "KILLS" turkey, plain and simple have spent several times 4-6 hours to get the ole boy to begin to just wander in, after all you are getting the tom, go against nature and make him go to the hens, when the hens in nature always go to the tom...

It's a great CHESS game, in nature, and these birds are smart, and 270 DEGREE, vision and anything that is out of place and they will just exit quickly...

Good luck in hunting the turkey, bird game.

Back
Top Bottom