• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Thread of 2015

when you do scouting try to keep from calling
get out early to a likely place and just settle in and listen for a couple hours, if you want to move sneak walk
when I scout I wear camo
a large field of view binocular helps

Last edited:
Help meh, Opra, Help meh Tom Cruise with ya voodoo magic.
Make fun of the noob time.
Never hunted a WMA
Allatoona WMA. It's closest to me. Is it good for a first time Turkey hunter?
Allatoona WMA. Where can I find a map not drawn with crayons. It looks confusing in there.

ANY help will be outstanding.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Never heard a turkey at all this morning. This guy slipped in quietly to our broadcast calling at 8:45. He read the script and worked to within 50 yards. Mya dropped the hammer on him and when the smoke cleared her bird was DRT. CVA Optima Elite .45 cal- 100 grains of 777 propelling a 175 grain Powerbelt Bullet. 209 ignition. Recoil is lighter than a youth 20 gauge.

View attachment 390374 View attachment 390378
Never heard a turkey at all this morning. This guy slipped in quietly to our broadcast calling at 8:45. He read the script and worked to within 50 yards. Mya dropped the hammer on him and when the smoke cleared her bird was DRT. CVA Optima Elite .45 cal- 100 grains of 777 propelling a 175 grain Powerbelt Bullet. 209 ignition. Recoil is lighter than a youth 20 gauge.
That is awesome brother!

View attachment 390374 View attachment 390378
Congrats man! That is one heck of a bird. How old is she, my daughter is wanting to know. My little girl is almost 7 and this I'm going to get her a .243 for deer hunting. Trying to get her into turkey hunting as well.

Back
Top Bottom