• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Turkey

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
I am planning to try and shoot a Turkey or 2 and I purchased a hunting permit late last year. I told them I wanted to hunt everything so put everything possible on the license. However I do not see anything about dove, turkey, quail ect...

Are these listed as small / large game on the license? Or are these a separate License?

Thanks

Turkey, deer, and bear are considered big game= big game license+ regular hunting license.
Dove, quail, squirrel, rabbit, etc, etc, are considered small game= regular hunting license.
To hunt dove, quail, and pheasant you'll need an HIP stamp. It's free, just print it out before going.
Ducks require a federal stamp.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/general-hunting-information/

Good luck and happy hunting.

Last edited:
No problem. But like i said. Make sure you know all the regulations. Game wardens are nice guys and gals in general but they are by the book. One saying i have been told by them is stupidity isn't an excuse of the law.

Turkey, deer, and bear are considered big game= big game license+ regular hunting license.
Dove, quail, squirrel, rabbit, etc, etc, are considered small game= regular hunting license.
To hunt dove, quail, and pheasant you'll need an HIP stamp. It's free, just print it out before going.
Ducks require a federal stamp.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/general-hunting-information/

Good luck and happy hunting.

Your information is wrong. HIP is not required for quail or pheasant as they are not migratory species.
Ducks require HIP and federal stamp, as well as waterfowl conservation license if you don't have the sportsmans or lifetime license.

Your information is wrong. HIP is not required for quail or pheasant as they are not migratory species.
Ducks require HIP and federal stamp, as well as waterfowl conservation license if you don't have the sportsmans or lifetime license.

You're right, pheasant and quail do not require the HIP stamp, was just thinking birds and typing to fast and early in the morning I guess.
I just get the sportsmans and trapping license , includes everything I might hunt in a given year.

Back
Top Bottom