• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turning a tec 22/ tec scorpion into a reliable shooter

it wasn't the bluing( way to thin) just a poorly made part

Oh there was bluing on the hammer. I can't say the part was not poorly made though haha. It had many burrs on it. I just worked on another tec 22 and it had the same problem. Once you polish and smooth out the hammer , they run like a dream.

even the bluing was crap. Clumps of it. Not a smooth bluing like you see on quality firearms. The tec 22 is not a quality firearm. Its sheet metal and plastic.

Last edited:
Oh there was bluing on the hammer. I can't say the part was not poorly made though haha. It had many burrs on it. I just worked on another tec 22 and it had the same problem. Once you polish and smooth out the hammer , they run like a dream.

even the bluing was crap. Clumps of it. Not a smooth bluing like you see on quality firearms. The tec 22 is not a quality firearm. Its sheet metal and plastic.
Just wanted to let you know after a google search your post came up and I appreciate your information... 7 years later info is still being utilized. Just picked one up and it came with a butler creek and pro mag stick mag. It can't shoot to save its life, looking to make it reliable as I can without spending money.

I thought about that but their were tons of burrs on the hammer. So it was needed to smooth it out
I bought a Tec 22 used from Old South Pawn in Macon WAY back around 93/94. Later found out it was one of several guns that had been stolen in a burglary and recovered. When I fired it I immediately noticed it would fire 1 to 3 rounds just fine and then double up or burp 3 to 5 rounds. Well that was in my super ignorant youth so I thought that was pretty cool. But I could never get it to do it on demand. It was unpredictable and probably dangerous.
One thing I noticed about the Tec 22 was that the entire trigger group was sort of contained in a little plastic box that would come out easily by removing a pin. It's hard to believe that they sell for between 3 and 4 bills these days.

Not his but the same exact thing I did to mine....cause yah know ghetto tastic and cause I can lolol
IMG_0847.JPG

Heres one I just picked up a couple days ago, just noticed upon closer examination that the hammer is rougher than hell, I don't know why. It doesn't look to be shot a whole lot. I shot it yesterday (tried I should say) and it jammed up literally every shot. Pretty sad. Actually thought about throwing it in the trash but I am going to try to remedy the issues as it seems I won't need to spend much.

In the first picture you can see the two mags that were included in the package (left is a 40rd pro mag and the right is a butler creek 25-30rd mag)

4/6 picture is of the hammer relaxed and the 5th is of it cocked.

I think Intratec really rushed these guns, trying to recoup from the total ban on the Tec-9, hence the lack of craftsmanship.

Also, you can notice this gun has the suppressor adaptor, suggested in the original post.

Attachments

• IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG