Turret Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musket

Default rank <2000 posts
SCV-MOS&B
84   0
Reaction score
I'm new to these adjustable turrets, so, let's say you get dead on zero at 100 yards. Now it's time to set the reading on your tacticool turrets.
Do you set it at 0 or 100? I'm thinking 0, so, if I have a 200 yd. target, I simply adjust the turret to read 100. Right?

You would zero the scope as you would any other. Once you have your zero at whatever distance (assuming 100yds) you can then reset the turret to read 0 following the manufactures directions. You can then use various methods to determine how much up or down you need to hit a target at any range. Set the turret to that reading and go to town. To go back to your zero simply put both turrets to 0.

What type of turret? Unless it's one that is specifically calibrated for your rifle and load, there is no direct correlation between what the turret increments are and yardage. Most turrets are regulated to move bullet impact by a specific amount per "click". Most are 1/4 (0.25) MOA. It's up to you to determine how much adjustment is needed at different distances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom