• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Two Colt “m-16’s” for sale in Macon...and opinions about ownership

Trader805

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
231   0
Reaction score
In case anyone is looking for one... or two, Harry, at Firearms Trader Warehouse in Macon, has two Colt M-16’s for sale. You just don’t see them on the ‘shelf’ that often anymore so I thought I would pass this along.
- All original factory Colt M-16 is $29,500 and an all Colt conversion is $23,000.
His number is 478-747-0254 if you have any questions.
You now know what I know about them, so please contact Harry directly for any questions.

I have dealt with him and he’s a good guy and really easy to work with and do transfers with.

Hope this helps anyone trying to find one. Coolest thing about the M-16 platform is you can change out uppers till your hearts content. You can shoot 556, , 300 blk - if you can afford it!-, 7.62 x 39, even 9 mm and 22 conversions. And, you don’t have to get a separate tax stamp when you have a machine gun, if you put a short-barreled upper on it.

When did you see a transferable M16 or AR conversion for $14k?

About 3 years ago.

Maybe it was 16k.

I’m not interested in one. I think the risk is too high. Some asshole shoots up a school with one and they will absolutely be rounded up.

I’ve shot a couple. For a couple grand, they are cool. Anything over about 5 k is just not for me. They are fun for about 2 mags and then I say “welp. Been there, done that.”

I know some guys are really into them, and that’s cool.... But not worth anything like these prices to me.

All that being said, the Hughes amendment should have been struck down and folks should still be manufacturing transferable ones. Those idiotic bans stop no one. Anyone with ill intent can make a MG pretty easily.

I'm pretty certain the only murder on record committed with a Title II arm was by a cop. Three years ago a man was Walking the floor of the Dec show in ATL witha Colt M16 in pristine condition asking $22,000. I about died wanting to buy it. $14,000 M16s ended years and years ago.

Back
Top Bottom