• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Two Colt “m-16’s” for sale in Macon...and opinions about ownership

Mr. Dehart is a good fellow and a good dealer. I've purchased many guns from him over the past 8 years and he's handled several out of state transfers. Can't say enough good about him.
I just can't believe he's still down there on Pio Nono Ave deep in the ghetto. Last time I was there was at least 5 years ago and he had to buzz you in the door kinda like a New York jewelry store. I can't imagine all the security measures he has down there.

Sorry for my part of the hijack!

I go to Harry's every now and then when I have money to burn, I'm not far from there. A few years ago I walked in and he had a Colt M16 on the wall. Someone had picked it up and balked (think OMG WTF) at the then $17K sticker. I was thinking it wasn't a bad price. So it's easy to see they're a good investment, in 5ish years, give or take, his price has almost doubled.

You sir, or anyone else who posted is not a hijacker! I value and enjoy a well founded opinion. Comment away!

Oh yeah, legit MG. 3rd hole in the receiver, Property of US Government marked, etc. I know damn well it was stolen. I wanted it in a bad way. I believe in integrity and karma so I passed. Damn sure didn't want to.
Your brother told me about that. I told him as far as I could recall " Once an MG always an MG." And even if all the MG trigger parts were gone just the third hole alone is illegal.

I just can't believe he's still down there on Pio Nono Ave deep in the ghetto. Last time I was there was at least 5 years ago and he had to buzz you in the door kinda like a New York jewelry store. I can't imagine all the security measures he has down there.

You still have to buzz in...but the last few times I've been there, he's unlocked the door before I hit the button.

Your brother told me about that. I told him as far as I could recall " Once an MG always an MG." And even if all the MG trigger parts were gone just the third hole alone is illegal.

I remember he called Quiet Riot and described it to them to make sure it was illegal, which of course they told him it was. It's like someone offering you a Lamborghini for $10K or something...you want it so bad you can't stand it but you know it's wrong...

I remember he called Quiet Riot and described it to them to make sure it was illegal, which of course they told him it was. It's like someone offering you a Lamborghini for $10K or something...you want it so bad you can't stand it but you know it's wrong...
A young guy offered to sell me an SP89 at a show in Kentucky. $1,600. I tried to hold it but it was too hot to touch. 2nd degree burns on my fingertips.

A young guy offered to sell me an SP89 at a show in Kentucky. $1,600. I tried to hold it but it was too hot to touch. 2nd degree burns on my fingertips.
Fascinating stories about these stolen ones. Do you think he was the thief? Or that maybe he got it from the thief and was just trying to make a few Bens off it?

That "once a MG always a MG" is very true.

Back in the 50s, the NRA or CMP or some place slapped together a bunch of M1 carbines. They were just parts thrown together in no particular order. Some made it out with M2 stamped receivers. Even though they had no FA parts. (Exactly the same receiver from what I understand-just a different roll marking.) But since that thing was made from MG parts, it can be considered a MG. Those things still show up from time to time.

Some semi auto AKs were imported with the 3rd hole for the sear. That hole had been permantley plugged, and the ATF still says that is a MG.

Be careful out there. Research and ask questions. NFA stuff is not territory for experimentation or gray areas.

I don't have any stories like that. But once back in 97 me and a girlfriend went to the Perry Gun Show at the Ag Center with my Colt Series 80 and something else I can't recall. Before we could get out of the parking lot two guys with Yankee accents and gubment looking haircuts and the telltale Oakley Cop Shades approached us after getting out of a blacked out Range Rover. They asked if we had ANYTHING to sell. It was very suspicious . But the ignorant girl with me told them what we brought with us. I cut her off mid sentence and told them we didn't have anything to sell. They looked at each other and said something about my girl saying otherwise. So I had to get rude and to the point with them. I told them " Yeah okay well I don't have anything to sell to YOU." It was really creepy.

Back
Top Bottom