• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Two Colt “m-16’s” for sale in Macon...and opinions about ownership

I was scared to get near it lol

Attachments

• 61BA7E34-3E59-4CD9-9C53-BB807639A53F.jpeg
    61BA7E34-3E59-4CD9-9C53-BB807639A53F.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 72
That is a big concern for me.

For a couple grand, it would be cool to own something FA, but at these prices, nope.

I fully expect that they will be banned one day. The govt knows exactly where they are, and all they need to do is modify the NFA.

Just look at the history of NFA stuff. First, they were totally legal to own. Old ones were grandfathered. Then, you had to register all of them and pay the tax. Then new ones couldn't be manufactured for sale to civilians. What's the next step?

There definitely is a risk of a total ban and confiscation. Someone shoots up a mall or a school, or whatever with one and I think a ban will happen fast as you can blink.

90% of the general public thinks these are illegal already.

Throwing a few hundred at suppressors, OK. Dropping 30 or 50 or 80 grand on something that can (and will) be confiscated is not a risk I am interested in taking.
I agree half way .

I paid $5k for a sten (worth 7k now )
$9k for an uzi (worth 12k now )
$8k for a Mac 10 (worth 8,500-9,000k now )
$6,775 for a m11/9 (worth $8k+ now )

I refuse to pay more than 15k for anything firearm related . To me the money is not important I just wanna go pew pew pew .

You can mark my words these will never be confiscated. Never . The NFA has been around since the 1930s and the damage it would do makes it a untouchable issue .

Even so if machine guns all became legal ... to me that’s worth losing all the money I spent .

I agree half way .

I refuse to pay more than 15k for anything firearm related . To me the money is not important I just wanna go pew pew pew .

You can mark my words these will never be confiscated. Never . The NFA has been around since the 1930s and the damage it would do makes it a untouchable issue .

Even so if machine guns all became legal ... to me that’s worth losing all the money I spent .

All it would take is another bill to modify the NFA-or even a rider like the Hughes amendment.

As highly unconstitutional as the NFA is in the first place, it's still around.

The one thing in our favor right now is public ignorance. The public, the media, and most politicians aren't even aware that civilians can own MGs. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

I think we will need to agree to disagree on this one. I just think that if some asshole really shoots up a school, mall, or church with a stolen MG, it will happen. The govt does what it likes. Just like the 68 amnesty which ended earlier than scheduled. Just like the fake ass voice vote on the Hughes amendment. They do what they want, because they can. Once congress gives them the tools, I think they will roll up and take all machine guns away.

The way the bump stock ban is going down is a perfect example. They were totally legal, no restrictions, and now they get banned-no grandfather clause or anytyhing-just gone.

(To be clear, I really REALLY hope this doesn't happen, but I'm betting it will-hence why I'm not a MG owner.)

I agree half way .

You can bet your money this guy is speaking the truth. sovietak474u sovietak474u has some badass ****. He ain't playing when it comes to class 3, 2nd amendment, and money.

All it would take is another bill to modify the NFA-or even a rider like the Hughes amendment.

As highly unconstitutional as the NFA is in the first place, it's still around.

The one thing in our favor right now is public ignorance. The public, the media, and most politicians aren't even aware that civilians can own MGs. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

I think we will need to agree to disagree on this one. I just think that if some asshole really shoots up a school, mall, or church with a stolen MG, it will happen. The govt does what it likes. Just like the 68 amnesty which ended earlier than scheduled. Just like the fake ass voice vote on the Hughes amendment. They do what they want, because they can. Once congress gives them the tools, I think they will roll up and take all machine guns away.

The way the bump stock ban is going down is a perfect example. They were totally legal, no restrictions, and now they get banned-no grandfather clause or anytyhing-just gone.

(To be clear, I really REALLY hope this doesn't happen, but I'm betting it will-hence why I'm not a MG owner.)
I don’t worry about all that . Life is too short to worry about the black vans and all that . My collection ain’t **** compared to some other folks collections.

I don’t particularly like paying taxes . That don’t mean I show them by not paying . That will get black vans outside . Life is short ... buy a machine gun.

I don’t worry about all that . Life is too short to worry about the black vans and all that . My collection ain’t **** compared to some other folks collections.

I don’t particularly like paying taxes . That don’t mean I show them by not paying . That will get black vans outside . Life is short ... buy a machine gun.
Here today, gone tomorrow. After getting t-boned on a bike with my fiancee on the back, you look at life different

Here today, gone tomorrow. After getting t-boned on a bike with my fiancee on the back, you look at life different
Sorry to hear that. I was hit by a jerk who was texting and driving . It changed my outlook on life as well. I enjoy the moment and do things today not tomorrow

Sorry to hear that. I was hit by a jerk who was texting and driving . It changed my outlook on life as well. I enjoy the moment and do things today not tomorrow
I'll never know what that guy was doing or his reason. Was in the middle lane to turn just sitting there and last second decided to go. My girl wants to go knock on his door and ask him when everything gets settled for her lol.

I'll never know what that guy was doing or his reason. Was in the middle lane to turn just sitting there and last second decided to go. My girl wants to go knock on his door and ask him when everything gets settled for her lol.
Things happen and fate knocked on your door that day. Don’t waste time living in the past . Look forward and enjoy the time you have by not wasting it on things in the past that you cannot change anyway.

Buy another bike

Things happen and fate knocked on your door that day. Don’t waste time living in the past . Look forward and enjoy the time you have by not wasting it on things in the past that you cannot change anyway.

Buy another bike
I will get another bike when i can. At first their were many things i did that could've changed the outcome that night. But someone told me that the way we went home that night was the way we were suppose to go. I let it go after that. It's been rough and have had a lot of bad luck from it. Had to start a go fund me. But I'm alive and have all my parts attached and working. Money comes and goes, I'll get bacl right eventually

Back
Top Bottom