• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Two Colt “m-16’s” for sale in Macon...and opinions about ownership

I will get another bike when i can. At first their were many things i did that could've changed the outcome that night. But someone told me that the way we went home that night was the way we were suppose to go. I let it go after that. It's been rough and have had a lot of bad luck from it. Had to start a go fund me. But I'm alive and have all my parts attached and working. Money comes and goes, I'll get bacl right eventually
Yeah fate has a funny way of becoming real. The life you know can drastically change in a blink.

If you told me my first day here on the forum that we would be doing this here and now I would have laughed . Now it’s just freaky

It is not easy. We all strive for a better tomorrow . On the subject for what it’s worth I hate the NFA process and hate the high cost but it’s what I must do to own the items I like.

Truth!

I certainly am not trying to criticize anyone who chooses to go that route.

It's a PITA. And it's much, much more expensive-that's why it's not for me. I do wonder where the ceiling is for MGs.

I wish my crystal ball were better. I very clearly remember tugging on my Grandfather's sleeve after that ban in 86 and saying "hey-shouldn't you get an M-16 ($800) or Mac-10 ($400)? Bound to be worth more in a few years......." He said NFA stuff wasn't worth the hassle.

-If only I had known.

(Just be thankful I don't buy them. If I did, damned sure some crazy confiscation scenario would actually happen. I have that kind of luck.)

In 1967 I was an undergrad at Florida State University with no money and very little to do. One weekend I was wandering around the second story of the student union building where a number of companies had exhibits set up. I suddenly saw a display of weapons mounted on vertical display boards. The company was Cadillac Gage and they had every variation of the Stoner 63 weapon system on display. I spent most of the weekend hanging around drooling on the display and talking to the factory rep. It is hard to imagine that something like that could be openly displayed on the campus of a major university and not cause any controversy. Very few people paid any attention to the display.

After graduation I had a number of NFA weapons, but never got the opportunity to get a belt fed Stoner 63. I am down to a single MAC 10-45 which I purchased new for $67.00 plus the $200.00 tax stamp. I have seriously considered selling my MAC10. That is probably one of the best investments I ever made.

I understand all the viewpoints expressed here. Don't really disagree with any.

But for me the only time I really want a FA weapon is when the **** really hits the fan. And in that scenario I have legal SA weapons that could be made FA in a few minutes...and in that survival scenario I could give a lesser **** about any federal firearms laws.

My take on current situation for FA is that you pay $1500 for a gun and $28k for a federal tax to own a firearm that should be legal for all citizens...I refuse to do this, on principal. or principle? lol.

Best of both worlds for me. If I really feel the need for speed I just rent for the day. If I need FA to protect my family then I know what to do.

Sorta like my take on SBR's. Instead of paying for stamps and making myself a target for the Nazi's I just have a "pistol" or two.

Legal ones.

Bottom line. They pass dumbass laws and I abide by them. And I use their laws against them to protect my family. Win win.

I am down to a single MAC 10-45 which I purchased new for $67.00 plus the $200.00 tax stamp. I have seriously considered selling my MAC10. That is probably one of the best investments I ever made.

I've been toying with the notion of buying a M10. Mainly to use as a platform to build a upper for. They seem to be the red headed step child when it comes to development. I'd like to build a belt fed upper for them. I could just bend a flat into a postie. But I'd like to have one as a keeper too.

I've been toying with the notion of buying a M10. Mainly to use as a platform to build a upper for. They seem to be the red headed step child when it comes to development. I'd like to build a belt fed upper for them. I could just bend a flat into a postie. But I'd like to have one as a keeper too.
I like where your head is . The m11/9 is fun but a fat pimp lives forever . I’d buy a belt fed upper for it

I'm pretty certain the only murder on record committed with a Title II arm was by a cop. Three years ago a man was Walking the floor of the Dec show in ATL witha Colt M16 in pristine condition asking $22,000. I about died wanting to buy it. $14,000 M16s ended years and years ago.

DUDE I SAW HIM TOO! I was trying to explain to my wife how that was a straight deal. Lol

Back
Top Bottom