• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

U.K. Plans to Ban Gasoline & Diesel Cars by 2035

OttoMan

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Do unto others what you want them to do to you!
421   0
Reaction score
Seems that they will be just like another California, electric cars being charged by a gas/diesel truck. So sad to see that the Brits got so far left, that they're almost a Muslim Country.
Check for yourself:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/uk-to-ban-new-gas-vehicles-diesel-cars-by-2035-2020-02-04

Electric Car.jpg

Meh, they have been on that path for many many years. I can remember being over there in the early 90's and was wakeboarding on the weekends at a local water ski club and all the ski boats were converted to run on propane.

That and the whole country is barely bigger then the state of Florida and most people don't drive distances like we do here so it's probably not a big deal to them. They mostly drive little shoebox cars for the most part anyway, not like they are going to have to give up their big monster truck?

Still don't like being "forced" to do anything though. But it's 15 years away and a lot can happen between now and then so I'll wait and see what happens.

Its a mistake! Current gas cars are very clean and diesels are so efficient that the engines don't use a lot of fuel. Not sure why they feel they have to do this, other than trying to push their leftist agenda. Hopefully it won't go through.

Guess they don't realize (or care) that Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin & Jaguar all have long histories of being cars with great gasoline engines. Too bad all those traditions goes out the window. Perhaps the manufacturers will just move the production plants to Poland or Serbia and sell the cars outside the UK? I would.....

Actually, it looks like Boris might be on board with this... just read another article (paywalled so I can't link) that has him supporting this. I guess he's looking at the jobs and money from companies like Tesla investing in the UK.

Kind of surprising for a guy who was on Top Gear a couple of different times and very pro-car, but even Clarkson and May have started embracing EVs. Haven't heard anything about Hammond, but the last EV he drove almost killed him in (another) wreck.

Back
Top Bottom