• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

U.S. Retarded Postal Service...

No doubt .A private business that ran that way would have been out of business long ago. Thankfully they have our unlimited tax dollars and shipping fees to keep the poor things afloat.LOL

They handle hundreds of thousands of pieces daily. It wasn't some ignant employee that got you. It was a machine that scans the item. Damn machines are taking over by driving people insane 1 at a time.
But I thought machines and computers, bar code readers etc didn't make mistakes. So if all that billion dollar machinery can't tell the difference between 31305 and 31303 then why do we have them and how much of a chance do we have?
They forced that whole zip code thing on is way back when to streamline the whole process. But now it's the zip code that screwed me. If not for the damn zip code I would have had my package 3 days ago.

May I join in with another USPS rant / complaint?

Today I had to mail some DVDs to the west coast. I thought I had looked up the cost on line, and the buyer wanted 1st Class Shipping.

USPS said 1st Class was $21.79, but Priority was only $23.00!!!! Priority was guaranteed in 3 days, while 1st Class was guaranteed in 3.4 days.

Media Mail was less than $5.

So after asking, honestly, nicely, why the heck 1st Class costs almost the same as Priority I was told, blank faced, that "oh, no sir, they're $3.00 apart!".

I sent the box via media mail.

They handle hundreds of thousands of pieces daily. It wasn't some ignant employee that got you. It was a machine that scans the item. Damn machines are taking over by driving people insane 1 at a time.
1265f0ee7fbb7b2d56fdf4de26d1f6d3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LOL, I feel your pain.

I have had a package of coins lost in limbo for almost a week now.

Nobody knows where they are (imagine that) and they stopped updating tracking information on Monday.

US "lemme just look in here real quick and see what ya gots and maybe I'll kep it for myself" Service.

So here's a question for you NFA guys. It's my understanding that the USPS is THE only shipping source for NFA devices. And I already know that those would have to ship insured and registered requiring a signature on the other end etc. So when you get one dealer to ship your old Mac10 to one of those guys in the Shotgun News that's always buying MGs are you worried sick and up all night until it arrives? And isn't there something in NFA about " Chain of Custody" or something like that? And aren't there most likely some stickers or labels on those packages that broadcast to every postal worker in between what's in the box?
See it's a good thing I'm poor because I know I can't play at the big boy NFA table. I'd be too paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom