• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UCF vs. LSU

Just realized that's the 4th "top 10" team LSU beat this year (not sure if anyone else even played 4 top 10 teams?) They were ranked #25 when the season started.
LSU would be competitive in the playoffs. Healthy they are one of the best in top 4 imho

Man that was an ugly win. That might have been LSUs worst performance this year and they still beat the self crowned National Champions....the UCF faithful might want to reconsider their future rants.

Good on LSU and Kentucky adding to the SEC bowl win column. The conference is looking good this bowl season. Too bad Mississippi State literally gave away a win to Iowa.
yep not pretty but a win, and basically using the second team defense. Would like to have seen LSU at full strength and UCF as well.

I'm not a believer to that extent but I'm not sure who the 4th would be. In no particular order top 3 is UGA, Clemson and Bama to me. 4th? :noidea:
It's way too hard to figure out. That's why we need a field of 8 to begin the playoff season.

yep not pretty but a win, and basically using the second team defense. Would like to have seen LSU at full strength and UCF as well.
Second team? I don't think that LSU secondary was close to second team. They had a WR playing corner before that thing ended. I think full roster for both teams would favor LSU more.

It's way too hard to figure out. That's why we need a field of 8 to begin the playoff season.

Respectfully, I don't like the idea of an 8 team playoff. If you like the idea of a "Cinderella team" making it to the championship game, an 8 team playoff would make it more difficult for a "Cinderella team" getting through to the championship game. Right now, with 4 teams, a "Cinderella team" has to win one game and they are in. With 8 teams, that "Cinderella team" would have to win two games to get in. Because of the depth of say an Alabama, Clemson, heck Ohio State or UGA, that "Cinderella team" would play a much higher ranked team twice to get in. Depth on the defensive and offensive lines would prove to be to big an obstacle to over come for the "Cinderella team". To me, an 8 team playoff pretty much assures that no "Cinderella team", will make it through to the championship game.
Leave it the way it is with one caveat. Make all the teams play an equal number of games. This year, ND played one less game than the other three who were in. The other three had to play a conference championship game and ND didn't. Since ND plays a "diluted" ACC schedule, make them play in the conference championship. This year, they would have had to play Clemson..............well, we all saw how that turned out.
Just my opinion, and what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom