• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UFC pro fighter with knife vs army ranger with gun (good learning here)

There was a Youtube video from UFPRO showing something similar in a combative situation to this. My deal is simple. Keep your distance as much as possible and always be ready. Doesn't hurt to be physically prepared. Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us ODT peeps.

There was a Youtube video from UFPRO showing something similar in a combative situation to this. My deal is simple. Keep your distance as much as possible and always be ready. Doesn't hurt to be physically prepared. Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us ODT peeps.

I'm trying to envision the scenario that STARTS OUT with an MMC fighter having me pinned to the ground.

As an old wrestler, if I am conscious, there is no way some one is going to have me pinned on the ground. Even with my brittle knees and other infirmities, it is going to be hard to take me to the ground. I'm not saying that I'm some sort of bad ass, just know how hard it is to take down someone who doesn't want to be taken down

If we go "hands on" things are going to evolve very quickly.

I'm trying to envision the scenario that STARTS OUT with an MMC fighter having me pinned to the ground.

As an old wrestler, if I am conscious, there is no way some one is going to have me pinned on the ground. Even with my brittle knees and other infirmities, it is going to be hard to take me to the ground. I'm not saying that I'm some sort of bad ass, just know how hard it is to take down someone who doesn't want to be taken down

You may very well just be standing around and minding your own business, and take a punch, brick, 2x4, etc to the back of the head. Waking up with someone on top of you trying to finish the job and/or take your gun is within the realm of possibility. Who knows, you may see a loved one getting assaulted and decide to intervene, only to have the perpetrator's buddy sucker punch you and you end up in the same scenario.

A real life fight will be similar to the video, even if the attacker has no martial arts it wrestling training. There will be constant pressure and movement. An untrained assailant would probably not have escaped the kimora and I imagine would be easier to sweep then the mma dude, but he may also be a wrestler with a good base.

I liked the video and learned a lot from it. Would like to practice that scenario one day, nothing like training for the worst case scenario.

EA43F278-595B-46F8-BB1E-BEF1D8E819AB.jpeg

I’d let this MMA fighter get on top of me.......Oh yeah!!!!

To be fair, if you watch a bit of UFC you'll see that even these professional fighters get taken to the ground on a regular basis.

The point of the video in my opinion is that you train for the worst case scenario, and once you can handle that, you can handle any scenario.

It was interesting how he had to manually cycle his pistol each time in the second evolution. Something like that is one of the few times where a revolver would really have been the better carry gun.

Back
Top Bottom