• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UFO diorama ** update** 1st place trophy at Houston Modelmania 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet your an ancient alien fan!

View attachment 1600739
Nope, Can't stand it. I enjoy a good story but that show is just full of lies and ridiculous animations. Ancient Aliens is a typical "History" Channel work of BS. 99.999% of all UFO photos/videos are faked with the intention of selling it. Only a few are from real people who see something that they didn't expect. Much like the Loch Ness Monster or any other supernatural myth.
U.F.O. stands for UNIDENTIFED Flying Object. Those people on Ancient Aliens claim to know it all. None of the honest sightings have ever been positively identified. Notice the extreme reduction in UFO stories since the invention of affordable HD cameras. A crisp HD picture of a fake UFO isn't as good as an old blurry photo.

I'm actually one of the most skeptical people you'll ever meet. Until ET comes to my front door and introduces himself then I'll continue to have serious doubts about ALL UFO encounters. If you've seen a UFO then most likely it's something being operated by the US Government.

Here's a picture I took when I was 10. It's an amazing photo that some would drool over.
DSCN5037 - Copy.JPG

In reality, it was a McDonalds UFO Happy Meal box thrown into the air and I snapped a picture with a cheap camera.
zSpaceship.jpg

Nope, Can't stand it. I enjoy a good story but that show is just full of lies and ridiculous animations. Ancient Aliens is a typical "History" Channel work of BS. 99.999% of all UFO photos/videos are faked with the intention of selling it. Only a few are from real people who see something that they didn't expect. Much like the Loch Ness Monster or any other supernatural myth.
U.F.O. stands for UNIDENTIFED Flying Object. Those people on Ancient Aliens claim to know it all. None of the honest sightings have ever been positively identified. Notice the extreme reduction in UFO stories since the invention of affordable HD cameras. A crisp HD picture of a fake UFO isn't as good as an old blurry photo.

I'm actually one of the most skeptical people you'll ever meet. Until ET comes to my front door and introduces himself then I'll continue to have serious doubts about ALL UFO encounters. If you've seen a UFO then most likely it's something being operated by the US Government.

Here's a picture I took when I was 10. It's an amazing photo that some would drool over.
View attachment 1600902

In reality, it was a McDonalds UFO Happy Meal box thrown into the air and I snapped a picture with a cheap camera.
View attachment 1600906

I cannot stand the show either, I was poking fun at ARCman47 ARCman47 .

Niiiiiiice. You get a nice cash prize?
Hopefully you can get more money for it now.

No cash prize but I did get a nice wooden trophy plaque. The plan all along was to place in the contest to make the model worth more. Now that it placed 1st, I can officially call myself an "Award Winning Modeler" and that will also help sell my future models.

I also scored a few rare models while I was there for some REALLY good prices. 1/72 KC-135A for only $25, 1/144 C-17 for $27, 1/48 B-29 with Enola Gay and Bockscar versions for $23. I already had the "Big, Bad and Beautiful" kit of the 1/48 B-29 but it does not have the Silverplate "atomic" options (no gun turrets). So now I'll be selling the "B,B,&B" version for a nice profit as it is in great condition box and all. I'd like to build the atomic version as a hung display model with open bomb bay and atomic bomb inside. The question now is do I build it as Bockscar with Fat Man or Enola Gay with Little Boy? Both planes are on static display so there are many good HD photos of them for reference.

zmaxresdefault.jpg
zbockscar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom