• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UGA v Auburn final thoughts

My final thoughts:

Bama should be very nervous going to Jordan-Haire. That defense is rugged and is going to be foaming at the mouth to get after Mac Jones. The Tide O has 2 weeks to adjust to a new game plan and get ready to play the 2nd best D in the SEC.

And everyone stop with The Dawgs are lucky bull****. That was grown man football between the only 2 teams who show up on defense. Everyone else is playing arena football.

Dawg fan here, too but I do think the way you win counts at this time of year. The CFP committee looks at things like injuries and the optics of the way you win. I think UGA needs to win out and beat LSU in Atlanta to actually be one of the four best teams. Had they kept the 21 point lead and snuffed out the war beagles in the second half, I might be inclined to say they do deserve the #4 ranking. Why didn't the Dawg defense play every play in the second half like they did the last play? There was focus and intensity - why the lapses before? I think Kirby plays "not to lose" and that's different from playing to win. I think retrospectively Saban made a poor choice to continue to play Tua but I get it. Tua was returning from injury and could knock off a little more rust at game speed. However, losing Tua costs AL any chance at the playoff. Period. Stick a fork in them..even if they win out against another cream puff and Auburn, they are a different team now. They scored, what, 3 points, after Tua left? Saban was playing to win it all, not simply the Mississippi State game, and it cost them dearly...He kept his foot on the gas. Kirby continues to lift his foot off the pedal. If Kirby wants to be in the top three in the SEC each year, he's doing fine. If he wants his teams to be in the top three or four nationally, he's got to pick up his game AND find a new OC. Coley doesn't cut it here...In the words of that great ODT philosopher, JWC, "But what do I know?".

Dawg fan here, too but I do think the way you win counts at this time of year. The CFP committee looks at things like injuries and the optics of the way you win. I think UGA needs to win out and beat LSU in Atlanta to actually be one of the four best teams. Had they kept the 21 point lead and snuffed out the war beagles in the second half, I might be inclined to say they do deserve the #4 ranking. Why didn't the Dawg defense play every play in the second half like they did the last play? There was focus and intensity - why the lapses before? I think Kirby plays "not to lose" and that's different from playing to win. I think retrospectively Saban made a poor choice to continue to play Tua but I get it. Tua was returning from injury and could knock off a little more rust at game speed. However, losing Tua costs AL any chance at the playoff. Period. Stick a fork in them..even if they win out against another cream puff and Auburn, they are a different team now. They scored, what, 3 points, after Tua left? Saban was playing to win it all, not simply the Mississippi State game, and it cost them dearly...He kept his foot on the gas. Kirby continues to lift his foot off the pedal. If Kirby wants to be in the top three in the SEC each year, he's doing fine. If he wants his teams to be in the top three or four nationally, he's got to pick up his game AND find a new OC. Coley doesn't cut it here...In the words of that great ODT philosopher, JWC, "But what do I know?".
Good points all. Don’t know the soft zone 2nd half was Kirby or nationally televised network wanting a tighter game? Teams tend to play to the level of their completion.
The team that played yesterday would have mopped the field with the gamecocks. At this point Kirby needs to earn all those millions and keep them focused, motivated, and healthy for Atlanta. On a different note.... thoughts and best wishes to Tua and the lady photographer that got her clock cleaned on the sideline.

I'd pay good money to see Danielson take the hit over and over that the UGA photog from Ringgold took. Good news is she's okay.

It was very Auburn for Auburn to play the video over and over of Fairley's cheap shot on Arron Murray. It must suck being the irrelevant little brother to Alabama.

Oh, and Gary Danielson is a 1st class prick.
I almost always like his commentary.
But his reaction to that woman's misery was very unsympathetic and not very nice.
Thankfully Nessler (did I remember that correctly?) covered nicely, as did the rest of the CBS crew.

As for the Dawgs, they were lucky that the 4Q only had 15 minutes :)

Ok so they lose to A@m and win sec do they go. As I said 1 point or 50 here on out.

The pregame and post game went as it usually does in the Georgia-Auburn rivalry. Everybody talked up how great Auburn was and called UGA trash. Then Georgia won the game. Business as usual in the Deep south’s Oldest Rovalry

Back
Top Bottom