• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UGA vs LSU in the SEC Championship Game

Who wins the SEC in 2019?

• That's easy LSU...they are clearly the better team!

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Dawgs - they will surprise & outlast LSU!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Don't know - a close game to the end. Toss up.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Doesn't matter - neither will be #1 at season end.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care - in for free Tacos only!

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uh, well yeah. UGA got beat. Now UGA joins the ranks of Alabama, Florida and Auburn in the SEC. All got beat by LSU. All any of those teams had to do was beat LSU....none did. LSU is the Champion of the SEC relegating all of those mentioned teams to a meaningless bowl game. Oh and don't tell me your team, "played them better". A loss is still a loss. Move on. All those teams mentioned can only look forward to next year..........

I’m moving on, yes Bama got beat by LSU, I was referencing one guy who kept mentioning UGA’s defense, actually comparing them to Bama’s defense, stating how that is what wins. I absolutely agree at the end of the day a loss is a loss. I didn’t know since the game was over the thread was shut down. We talked about Bama’s loss for days.... Absolutely, always next year. Not knocking anyone for what happened, except “that guy” that wanted to remind everyone how much defense mattered.

LSU's Offense is extremely explosive. They spread the defense and pressure the DB's by running them all over the yard. The LBs have to be diciplined in containing both Joe Borrow (who can hurt you with his arm and legs) and the Running back Edwards-Elare is no Swift but he's a quality SEC RB.

I think UGA's D-line can get penetration on LSU's O-line one on one but we know Kirby and Lanning like to blitz at least 5 every play so that takes out 1-2 LB's that would be in coverage.

UGA's secondary is good but they havent faced a passing attack like LSU brings yet. We've seen UGA get burned a few times on pass plays. Think back to Tennessee, and TAMU.

UGA has one of the best rushing Defenses in the country that should be able to pretty much shut down LSU's rushing attack. But LSU doesnt need to lean on the RB's like UGA does.

UGA has the biggest O-line in the country but that doesnt matter when the defense stacks the box with 8 guys and the OC calls a run play up the middle. Georgia will need to spread the ball around in both the running and passing game to back the LSU defense off the line.

If UGA can get some confindence in teh passing game and throw more than 5 yard screen passes they should be able to open up the offense. But Fromm and the receivers will need to step up. The two best receivers for UGA will be out, Cager out with injury, Pickens out first half for being a dumbass last week.

I see Swift having a good game, along with Herrien and Zamir White in the run game. Not sure who's going to step up in the passing game.

LSU has given up a lot of points this year in multiple games, but their offense has been able to outscore all of their opponents pretty easily. Closest game was within 5 points to Alabama.

All that to say I hope UGA can pull one out but after blowing close games in the Natty 2 years ago, SEC champ game last year, and SC this year, and factoring in the struggling offense its hard to be more than hopeful.

Ill pick LSU 38-27 in a good one.

this aged well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom