• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UGA vs LSU in the SEC Championship Game

Who wins the SEC in 2019?

• That's easy LSU...they are clearly the better team!

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Dawgs - they will surprise & outlast LSU!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Don't know - a close game to the end. Toss up.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Doesn't matter - neither will be #1 at season end.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care - in for free Tacos only!

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Georgia should call in a forfeit. Losing 2-0 is as close as they are going to get all day.

No Cager, No Swift, and Pickins is out until the second half when the Dogs will be down by about 30.

skisrcsn.jpeg

Fun with numbers.... and a friendly wager.

It's hard to compare teams until they play each other. About the best you can do is compare their records against common opponents. Obviously LSU and UGA are in different divisions but they did play an unusual number of common opponents this year.

They both played Vandy early in the year (8/31 and 9/21). Georgia beat them by 24 points, (30-6). LSU beat them by 28 points, (66-38).
They both played Florida (11/2 and 10/12). Georgia beat them by 7 points (24-17). LSU beat them by 14 (42-28).
They both played Auburn (11/16 and 10/26). Georgia beat them by 7 (21-14). LSU beat them by 3 (23-30).
They both played A&M (11/23 and 11/30). Georgia beat them by 6 (19-13). LSU beat them by 43 (50-7).

Combined margin of victory over the 4 games for UGA was 44 points. LSU's margin of victory was 88 points.

In conference play for all games UGA's margin of victory was 118 points (202-84) LSU's margin of victory was 173 points (377-204).
For the entire season UGA had a combined margin of victory of 270 points (395-125) and LSU had a combined margin of victory of 319 points (584-265).
The average margin of victory for UGA was 22.5 points. The average margin of victory for LSU was 26.6 points.
On average, UGA scores 32.9 points a game. LSU scores 48.7 points.
On average, UGA gives up 10.4 points a game. LSU gives up 22.1 points a game.

No way to know (well there is a way but I'm not doing it) how many points are considered 'junk points' or how often Fromm or Burrow played in the 4th quarter or to the end of the game.

So, what does all this mean? Clearly it means absolutely NOTHING until they play the game, which I'm very much looking forward to. Looks like LSU's defense finally got tired of sleep walking through the season and are ready to pull their weight. Hopefully it'll continue. Looking forward to a good game. Wish I could be there.

This will be about as 'mouthy' as I'll get about the game.
LSU is apparently a 3.5 point favorite. I'll take that bet (and give the 3.5 points). Loser makes a donation to the charity of the winner's choice. Mine will be St. Jude's.

Swift will play. Guess you gave up already. Don't bother watching.
Yeah, I don’t get it when people give up before the fight even happens, or even while the fight is happening but ain’t over yet. Statements like, “it’s over” or “they have won”, are ridiculous and are a sure sign of someone who has a losers mentality.

Fight, continue to fight, fight when there is no hope, fight even after the fight is finished. Never give up, never back down. Otherwise, you are just a deadbeat loser and should take yourself off the table so that the rest of us know who can be counted on.

Yeah, I don’t get it when people give up before the fight even happens, or even while the fight is happening but ain’t over yet. Statements like, “it’s over” or “they have won”, are ridiculous and are a sure sign of someone who has a losers mentality.

Fight, continue to fight, fight when there is no hope, fight even after the fight is finished. Never give up, never back down. Otherwise, you are just a deadbeat loser and should take yourself off the table so that the rest of us know who can be counted on.

Quitting is an acceptable state of mind for many folks. Sad really. God forbid these people face something really tough in life much less a football game they only watch. But I guess the world needs cuckolds.

Back
Top Bottom