• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ukraine’s choice in new service rifle sends a clear message?

They may buck the system like the Czech did back in the Cold War . They made the vz59 machine gun because they did not want to adopt the PKM . To meet the soviets half way they kept the 7.62x54 caliber . Once they joined NATO they switched them to 7.62 NATO

The AK receivers are made of stamped steel.
I get so tired of hearing this. You do realize that there are in fact milled AK receivers? The first 3 types are milled. The reason they went to stamped steel was a quicker and cheaper way to mass produce.

Receiver types_T.jpg

I believe the reason everyone is following suit into the AR world is the Dumbing down of the Masses (People) and the over saturation of junk parts every tom, dick and harry wants/can produce.

Any idiot with a roofing hammer, one of thousands barrel wrenches available, a set of harbor freight punches and a cheap vise can assemble one while following instructions given by Bubba on youtube.

I get so tired of hearing this. You do realize that there are in fact milled AK receivers? The first 3 types are milled. The reason they went to stamp-ed steel was a quicker and cheaper way to mass produce.

View attachment 1597432

I believe the reason everyone is following suit into the AR world is the Dumbing down of the masses and the over saturation of junk parts every tom, dick and harry wants/can produce.

Any idiot with a roofing hammer, one of thousands barrel wrenches available, a set of harbor freight punches and a cheap vise can assemble one while following instructions given by Bubba on youtube.
Not to mention the mp5 , uzi , mg42 , G3 and countless others use the same stamped steel with ... iconic results

The problem I see with that is you can't convert the 5.56 to a 7.62X51. So they intend to supplement the 5.56 caliber with something else. 7.62x39 would be the obvious choice, 300 bk out, 6.5 grendal, 6.8spcII. So it has to be one of the catridges we are toying with over here.
5.56 is a NATO caliber . They cannot use any of the calibers you mention . Nor would they as 6.5 and 6.8 would be a nightmare to produce in Ukraine.

I get so tired of hearing this. You do realize that there are in fact milled AK receivers? The first 3 types are milled. The reason they went to stamped steel was a quicker and cheaper way to mass produce.

View attachment 1597432

Yes I know this but traditionally the receivers are stamped steel. Key phrase is ( they went to ).

5.56 is a NATO caliber . They cannot use any of the calibers you mention . Nor would they as 6.5 and 6.8 would be a nightmare to produce in Ukraine.
Well they mentioned they wanted to be able to swap calibers. So my question still remains! What calibers do you think they have in mind? Don't tell me what they can't use. I want to know what possibly can they use.

The reason I mentioned the obvious 7.62x39 is because the availability of ammo. I really don't think they are really concerned with NATO calibers since NATO sat there and did absolutely nothing when Putin came a knocking.

The reason I mentioned the obvious 7.62x39 is because the availability of ammo. I really don't think they are really concerned with NATO calibers since NATO sat there and did absolutely nothing when Putin came a knocking.
Who do you think is paying for all those new guns ? You . You and every other taxpayer here . We are part of NATO and in time our influence will push them to join which is why they left caliber change open. Future plans to join NATO is the only reason they added the caliber change

Back
Top Bottom