• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ultrasonic Cleaner . . . Which is Best?

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
I have been using a tumbler with metal pins on my Rugged Occulus .22.
The blast baffle has a #1 stamped on the outside to identify it, and I don't really see any difference in it and the other baffles. I have noticed that it is becoming a little harder to read and seems to be wearing down.
I am wondering if a ultrasonic cleaner would be better to use.
Stainless baffles not aluminum.
Anybody have experience with these? if so what brand.
Thanks.

Yes, ultrasonic cleaners are awesome for cleaning baffles as well as many other firearm parts. They’re awesome at cleaning all kinds of other stuff. I’m sure the Hornady one is decent. However for the money, it’s rather small. There are better options, in my opinion. Plus I’m kind of miffed how they use the term “sonic cleaner” as opposed to “ultrasonic cleaner”. My recommendation is to go with the biggest you have space for or are willing to spend for one. I started with one I got from harbor freight. It worked great. No issues at all. It was 2 liter and I soon found I wanted bigger to be able to do other things that didn’t quite fit. Plus there are some tricks so you’re not having to use tons of cleaning solutions to clean small parts in a bigger unit.

Yes, ultrasonic cleaners are awesome for cleaning baffles as well as many other firearm parts. They’re awesome at cleaning all kinds of other stuff. I’m sure the Hornady one is decent. However for the money, it’s rather small. There are better options, in my opinion. Plus I’m kind of miffed how they use the term “sonic cleaner” as opposed to “ultrasonic cleaner”. My recommendation is to go with the biggest you have space for or are willing to spend for one. I started with one I got from harbor freight. It worked great. No issues at all. It was 2 liter and I soon found I wanted bigger to be able to do other things that didn’t quite fit. Plus there are some tricks so you’re not having to use tons of cleaning solutions to clean small parts in a bigger unit.

watch this video.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom