• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Uneven negotiating field when selling/trading... dealer/wholesaler disclaimer?

Do you have access to dealer/wholesale pricing?

• Yes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • I wish

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Is the op spilling the beans on some of You? I have wondered how someone can sell a pistol, never fired for $100 less than I can find it for.

I used to assume that it was a impulse buy, and he doesn't shoot much, but now I wonder.

But not for long.

So, grandpa had an old gun he bought for $10 back in 19 ought something or other. It's now with several hundred percent more than what grandpa paid according to multiple sources. Should I hammer grandpa to sell it to me for $10 or less because that's what he paid? Should I keep working on my time machine? Some people get better deals than others. I can live with it.

For those that can buy a gun and not shoot ot for 20 years, I salute you. I can't do it.

If that is the case, you should make a small profit, as a collector, to offset the losses on the other ones.

Just put in your ad, "NO neckbeards, NO dealers, NO members with wholesale accounts from any distributor, NO bargain hunters, NO Walmart shoppers, NO innernet shoppers, NO Bud's Gun Shop customers, NO C&R license holders, NO flippers". That ought to about cover it I think. Or you could just say, "Big Box Retail shoppers only need reply to this ad." That should work too.
Put all of those people on your ignore list then the field will be a little more level.

Maybe we could have the State of Georgia regulate all transactions between private individuals. That way, when you are dealing with a 'dealer' or retailer that has access to wholesale pricing, you know you're being ripped off for profit on the item they are selling. If a State Agent would set the fair market value of your stuff you'd KNOW you were trading even Steven. I think this is a swell idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom