• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unfamiliar territory

1gunsnotenough

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
260   1
Reaction score
For me this is going out on a limb. I have always purchased mostly American made and the major manufacturers. But have been wanting a double stack 1911 in 9MM for awhile to shoot in competition. Local gun store had this traded in. RIA Ulta Tac 1911. So for anyone familiar with Rock Island how is their quality and dependability, accuracy.
wm_7619870.jpg

RIA uses old Colt Machinery and GI specs.
Just made in The Philippines.
When I was there I was impressed with their work ethics.

I've owned 2 RIA's, a Gov model 1911 .45 and a 22 TCM 9mm combo. I didn't have either long enough to put thousands of rounds through them but I personally never had a problem with either, as far as function goes.

I have heard plenty of postive reviews on RIA. When I went thru my 10mm phase I pondered a RIA. I think they are a good value.

Thats a beautiful looking gun. Do you get a better gun for 50% more $$? I dont know.

I had a RIA 1911 for about a year and a half.

I liked it, decent trigger, good sights, was more accurate than the Colt I had at the time, Then traded into a Kimber and one 1911 had to go.

Nice guns in my opinion, reminds me of the Canik TP9SFx I have now, a lot of gun for the money.......

Only problem i have seen out of RIA is there 10mm will not feed flat nose bullets.Got one going back to a RIA at moment.

I haven't had a RIA for a few years. Last time owned one, you could purchase a NIB tactical for $425 OTD.

Got one, had a horrible trigger but being a ser 70's style I new I could improve it. Stripped it down to find the trigger was clearly and poorly rewelded making for the horrible trigger pull. I replaced it with a WC but kept all the same parts other wise. It shot like a dream and accurately handeld all ammo, mags, etc through it. I just choose Kimber and SpringField over them.

As has been said, for 50% more money you get over 100% more gun. Math made since to me however, I was looking @ standard 1911 not double stacks.

Looks good and if works for you then run it. I knew a guy that used an old RG wheel gun in IDPA just to piss everyone off and sadly it worked.

Back
Top Bottom