• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unheard bought a new truck for his birthday

UPDATE: Upgrades done.

Level, Tint, Line-X, and 35" shoes. Bed cover is on its way, and talking to the exhaust guy tomorrow.

Here's Gojira after the upgrades:
HaCPTygUEiIGRxVVRIaE9v4nlLjJEYkQt_ox2UGBJZo.jpg

Looks good. Only other thing would be to get rid of the chrome... unless of course you like chrome.

The chrome grew on me with my last truck, and I like the offset of black. That said, when these tires are done, I'll probably go to 37's on 20" rims, and those will be something different.

Damn near the same truck as mine, just different power plant. Now you need to give her the necessary upgrades :D

Looking at hitches now. And brushguards. Figure it's better to work out the brush guard before I get leveled depending on weight. Getting bed lined this week. 35's would be nice.

You guys suck. That's a badass truck. I remember 4 dollar gas when dubya was getting done screwing us over.
Yep, and I was shopping for a used full sized truck, hoping folks would be bailing out for a Prius, so I could get a good deal. Found a truck,, but didnt save as much as I had hoped...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

It's night and day difference. The throttle response is improved but still very driveable in all climates. It just pulls better, everywhere. I'm running their E85 performance tune right now with a 3" exhaust from the y-pipe and an intake. Here is a dyno from a truck with a very similar set up (I have a different intake and I also have a Corsa system with the same SPD 3" mid-pipe). I can only assume I'm within a few HP and TQ. My alcohol percentage usually reads around 76-78% on my SCT tuner. I'm running E85 exclusively now because it's about $1.30-1.50 cheaper per gallon than 93 and it makes more power. Win Win. Only lost about 2mpg which I'm ok with. I have the 36 gallon tank so it takes a while to run it out.

E85-Perf-SPD-RES-D-and-JLT-CAI.jpg

Stock truck on 87 gas
87-Oct-stock-truck.jpg
Hard to compare those 2 dynos. Should have compared a stock Coyote burning e85. Ford says a stock Coyote will put out 50 more HP just by burning e85.

BTW, a *lot* of my gas fills around north ATL are showing 15%-25% ethanol when pumping from e10 dispensers. Haven't seen that anywhere else in the country.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom