• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unheard bought a new truck for his birthday

2021 F-250 FX4 w/ the 7.3L Godzilla gas engine

Traded in my F-150 that was about to go back into the shop for the 3rd time under warranty for turbo related issues. Here's a hint, a 2.7L Twin Turbo belongs in a Honda Civic, not a pickup truck.

Walked out after trade with this one for $49k (had right @ $6k in equity on the 150)

Gas prices be damned. Right now, 90/10 city/highway driving, I'm @ 11mpg. This engine likes gas!

Meet, Gojira.

Very, Nice.

From my reply to ARCman47,
I would of, but that $10k price point to go to the 6.7 and not needing 1k ft/lbs of torque made the deal on the 7.3 more palatable for me.

Makes sense. I'm kinda getting into rving/camping and I've been looking a little. I'm not close but I'm planning my next truck already.

2021 F-250 FX4 w/ the 7.3L Godzilla gas engine

Traded in my F-150 that was about to go back into the shop for the 3rd time under warranty for turbo related issues. Here's a hint, a 2.7L Twin Turbo belongs in a Honda Civic, not a pickup truck.

Walked out after trade with this one for $49k (had right @ $6k in equity on the 150)

Gas prices be damned. Right now, 90/10 city/highway driving, I'm @ 11mpg. This engine likes gas!

Meet, Gojira.
So, you bought a 7.3 gas burner in a 3/4 ton truck made be the same people who put "a civic motor" in a 1/2 truck?

So just make 3/4 tank your new empty and you'll never pay that much !!

Thats a nice truck and one helluva birthday gift. I like your style. :thumb:

Funny, because I've already made the decision to keep it above half tank. Oh well, if gas money was a concern I wouldn't have bought something that drinks it faster than I do beer.

The diesel has a bunch of power, but you best be running it in a business so you can deduct the expenses. It is ALWAYS something with those Power Strokes, and not usually covered by warranty.

I took care of 6 of them for a while for a business, and it was never the same thing twice. You want something that will go and go? Get the gas burner and leave the engine bone stock.

Back
Top Bottom