• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unheard bought a new truck for his birthday

Another +1 for 5Star. They do great safe tunes. I've had them do a few for me over the years. I haven't had one done for my 5.0 F150 yet but they made my old 3.5 Ecoboost a racetruck. How do you like the throttle response and power delivery on yours now after the tune? Ballpark hp/torque increase on it?

It's night and day difference. The throttle response is improved but still very driveable in all climates. It just pulls better, everywhere. I'm running their E85 performance tune right now with a 3" exhaust from the y-pipe and an intake. Here is a dyno from a truck with a very similar set up (I have a different intake and I also have a Corsa system with the same SPD 3" mid-pipe). I can only assume I'm within a few HP and TQ. My alcohol percentage usually reads around 76-78% on my SCT tuner. I'm running E85 exclusively now because it's about $1.30-1.50 cheaper per gallon than 93 and it makes more power. Win Win. Only lost about 2mpg which I'm ok with. I have the 36 gallon tank so it takes a while to run it out.

E85-Perf-SPD-RES-D-and-JLT-CAI.jpg

Stock truck on 87 gas
87-Oct-stock-truck.jpg

It's night and day difference. The throttle response is improved but still very driveable in all climates. It just pulls better, everywhere. I'm running their E85 performance tune right now with a 3" exhaust from the y-pipe and an intake. Here is a dyno from a truck with a very similar set up (I have a different intake and I also have a Corsa system with the same SPD 3" mid-pipe). I can only assume I'm within a few HP and TQ. My alcohol percentage usually reads around 76-78% on my SCT tuner. I'm running E85 exclusively now because it's about $1.30-1.50 cheaper per gallon than 93 and it makes more power. Win Win. Only lost about 2mpg which I'm ok with. I have the 36 gallon tank so it takes a while to run it out.

E85-Perf-SPD-RES-D-and-JLT-CAI.jpg

Stock truck on 87 gas
87-Oct-stock-truck.jpg
Those numbers are insane! I might look in to the E85 tune. Yeah I gave up on MPG when i lifted it and put Raptor wheels/tires on mine. Do you think the CAI/Resonator made that much of a difference or was it mostly the tune?

Those numbers are insane! I might look in to the E85 tune. Yeah I gave up on MPG when i lifted it and put Raptor wheels/tires on mine. Do you think the CAI/Resonator made that much of a difference or was it mostly the tune?
Got a guy building turbos for the 3.5 now. He builds Powerstroke turbos, but has not ventured into the 3.5

Should be a good truck. I have a 1994 F250 with 460/7.5L. Bought it new and still driving it. Been a service truck all it's life.
If I bought a new Ford, it would likely be that 7.3L gas engine.

It's majority tune but the intake and exhaust complement it well (more air in, more fuel and timing, betterflowing exhaust out). The SPD mid pipe was installed to make my Corsa exhaust a true 3" cat back. The intake is a larger diameter intake tube but still utilizes the stock filter box and snorkel. I won't be putting heavy tires on as I really like how fast the truck is but you'll be able to get a good bit of your peppiness back and correct your speedo for the larger tire diameter.

Here is another good video on whats possible on the 2018-2020 5.0 F150's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You can even hardly heard it run. My wife was dead set against a diesel for the reason you stated but she heard this when we started it and she said it don’t even sound like a diesel. She loves driving it too.

Does it have a speed limit/control? My 2009 won't go over 90mph. I won't buy another truck that limits my speed.

Back
Top Bottom