• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unknowingly traded a stolen firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to point out that if Augusta PD is in reference to Augusta Ga then something is fishy. They haven't had their own pd for probably close to a decade or more. Their law enforcement is the Richmond County Sheriff's office

Telling truth might get you off stealing it, but still have the "posession of a stolen firearm" charge to fall on. A simple screen shot of the dealing or the highly hated bos might help but not the popular odt butt cover. Did u by chance have a witness or able to describe the seller or vehicle or if met at a convenience or other store with cameras they might be your saving grace if video is kept long enough and they are willing to give it up, (it'd be worth $ to you to get)pm me for more tips i'll get trashed here if i give away any more known facts.

Possession charges usually require "knowing" possession. And technically speaking, he not in possession of the gun. The 1911 guy is.

I'd like to point out that if Augusta PD is in reference to Augusta Ga then something is fishy. They haven't had their own pd for probably close to a decade or more. Their law enforcement is the Richmond County Sheriff's office

This is true, but even after consolidation, a lot of people still refer to the Richmond County Sheriff's Office as Augusta Police.

Agreed, you are absolutely correct
whoever posses it at the time stolen is determined is the charged unloess they were having the serial number ran at a local LEO office on their own accord, then they are not guilty since they have to hand it over to the LEO to get the number ran per current procedures.

Possession charges usually require "knowing" possession. And technically speaking, he not in possession of the gun. The 1911 guy is.

Agreed, you are absolutely correct whoever posses it at the time stolen is determined is the charged unloess they were having the serial number ran at a local LEO office on their own accord, then they are not guilty since they have to hand it over to the LEO to get the number ran per current procedures.

Current procedures? Please provide these 'current procedures'. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom