• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unknowingly traded a stolen firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would contact the investigating agency and cooperate
this should clear you of suspicion. I'm not a lawyer but if you handle
this correctly I do not think you will get in any legal trouble.
but again I'm not a lawyer but I do know full cooperation shows a lot!

At least if you contact the agency handling this you will have piece of mind.
and you will know if 1911 guy is a scammer or not. Again I'm not a lawyer this is just my opinion
good news or bad news I wanna know immediately

Back to the pawn shop for a moment..
Typically...after an item is pawned a copy of the paperwork is picked up by law enforcement and and descriptive data ..serial etc is run to check for stolen reports.
The way the post read was when the LEO who bought and then pawned the gun went "to pick it up" when they did instant check , came back stolen..instant check is about the transferee/buyer/or if pawn the redeemer...not about the weapon at all.

One should have a lawyer anyway. IMHO

Posting this kind of stuff on the internet is what (correct me if I am wrong) some prosecutors call "exhibit A".

Capt Dave is correct.

A. Everyone should have a lawyer on retainer.
B. Anything you say (or type) etc CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU. They say NOTHING about used FOR YOU. In fact a good prosecutor will get that evidence thrown out or not presented if it hurts their case. A DA's job is to CONVICT SOMEONE, not find the TRUTH. DO NOT TALK TO LE......Let your lawyer do it...... Besides remember they are LEGALLY allowed to LIE to you.

Back to the pawn shop for a moment..
Typically...after an item is pawned a copy of the paperwork is picked up by law enforcement and and descriptive data ..serial etc is run to check for stolen reports.
The way the post read was when the LEO who bought and then pawned the gun went "to pick it up" when they did instant check , came back stolen..instant check is about the transferee/buyer/or if pawn the redeemer...not about the weapon at all.
Yeah....something is queer about the pawn shop end of the story. It is my understanding that once a pawn shop takes a firearm in, they have to report it to LE. If that is correct, it should have "popped" as stolen a long time before the guy came back to get it and LE should have been in contact with the guy. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom