GEORGIA CODE
Copyright 2014 by The State of Georgia
All rights reserved.

*** Current Through the 2014 Regular Session ***

TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 10. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
ARTICLE 2. OBSTRUCTION OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND RELATED OFFENSES

O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20 (2014)

§ 16-10-20. False statements and writings, concealment of facts, and fraudulent documents in matters within jurisdiction of state or political subdivisions

A person who knowingly and willfully falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact; makes a false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or makes or uses any false writing or document, knowing the same to contain any false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry, in any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of state government or of the government of any county, city, or other political subdivision of this state shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine of not more than $1,000.00 or by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years, or both.
Which is exactly why you should get a BOS. If they lie on it, they go to jail.

>back in jan/feb 2014 traded for a p220 off armslist
>then traded the 220 for a 1911 in feb
>fast forward to today
>got a call from 1911 guy
>turns out 220 was stolen
>can't find any emails from the 220 guy, they were permanently deleted from gmail
>can't find his email under my recipient list

How screwed am I? I have literally nothing proving I got the 220 from that guy off armslist but there's PMs from me and 1911 guy. I'm in full panic mode tout now.

If you woulda got a BOS from "220 guy" there would not be any problems. "1911 guy" coulda went straight to him and you'd be in the clear.

Last edited:
Thank you for your post, wish I'd had that when I was the object of all the trashing about my reason for a BOS.

Tell us the story about the guys that tried to pretend-rob you at a trade-meet and how you held them at gunpoint with a Kahr then let them go again. I love that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom