• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unrealistic expectations....

My daughter just wanted a jr. dragster hen she was 4 .....freaking expensive! Even if you are the one to build it. Then there is the weekly trips to the strip to run all weekend. Lots of time/money.....get her the golf cart dude, you will come out WAY AHEAD ! Trust me. :)

When I was 5 or 6, I asked Dad for an airplane. A real one, that would fly.
But I conceded that it could be a small one, and no guns or bombs.
Dad was a pilot. I figured he could handle that!

(Later I found out he actually did locate and offer to buy a 1/4 scale replica plane that had a real engine and a real propeller, and could taxi along the ground at about 10 mph. Think of it as a go-cart that you'd have to use alone, and on a pretty smooth surface (grass would be OK, but it would have to be nice golf course greens type grass. The owner of that home-built mini-plane wouldn't sell it, even though his son was a teenager then and had already outgrown it).

When I was 5 or 6, I asked Dad for an airplane. A real one, that would fly.
But I conceded that it could be a small one, and no guns or bombs.
Dad was a pilot. I figured he could handle that!

(Later I found out he actually did locate and offer to buy a 1/4 scale replica plane that had a real engine and a real propeller, and could taxi along the ground at about 10 mph. Think of it as a go-cart that you'd have to use alone, and on a pretty smooth surface (grass would be OK, but it would have to be nice golf course greens type grass. The owner of that home-built mini-plane wouldn't sell it, even though his son was a teenager then and had already outgrown it).

I have a 1/4 scale biplane sitting in my front yard. Got a three view drawing off the net and scaled it down.

It attracts a lot of attention in the summer when the fuzz is scouting for jazz cabbage plots

She would love it but the neighbors wouldn’t.
donkey.jpg

Back
Top Bottom