• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming EDC/Survival kits made by me

Would yall buy this custom made small EDC kit(info on the 1st page of forum post), for $400?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been thinking about something and I want yalls opinion. So what if BHI were to use a new business model. We would sell the EDC kit, the tactical pack, and first aid kit, but we would allow the customers to somewhat customize each one, on the website, send us at BHI the money, and we would send the customer their kit. So for example, the EDC kit: customers could pick btw several different knife types, several different flashlights, a few different wallets and several different pens. They would select the ones they want, send us the money, we would assemble it, put the BHI additions to it, then we would send them the fully made kit. The customer would be able to get their money back if the didn't receive their kit, and we would make sure each customer gets their kit asap.

So do yall think this is a good idea? I want yall honest thoughts.
napolean-dynamite-idk.gif

So I have been thinking about something and I want yalls opinion. So what if BHI were to use a new business model. We would sell the EDC kit, the tactical pack, and first aid kit, but we would allow the customers to somewhat customize each one, on the website, send us at BHI the money, and we would send the customer their kit. So for example, the EDC kit: customers could pick btw several different knife types, several different flashlights, a few different wallets and several different pens. They would select the ones they want, send us the money, we would assemble it, put the BHI additions to it, then we would send them the fully made kit. The customer would be able to get their money back if the didn't receive their kit, and we would make sure each customer gets their kit asap.

So do yall think this is a good idea? I want yall honest thoughts.
Honest feedback? Quit waffling. Pick a business model and stick with it. There is no such thing as a perfect business model. You have to find your unique selling proposition that sets you apart from the rest of the marketplace, and make that your bedrock. Take it from a serial entrepreneur who has tried them all. You are a small fish in a big sea right now, and all the bigger fish want to consume you. Find that USP and then build from it. In all honesty, this is a tough industry. Like I've said before, most people who buy a "survival kit" couldn't care less about the quality. They want something to throw in the closet in order to feel better. You have two options at this point: you convince the uninterested that your product is not only superior, but necessary as well. Or, you target the market segment of those who are into preparedness and know their stuff. Either way is an uphill battle, but only you can decide which path to take. I know you get a lot of crap here, but it's nothing compared to the actual marketplace. Personally, I wish you the best of luck. I am always for the folks who are trying to build their own business. If it were me, I would develop a tier of products. You could have basic, intermediate, and top level. That way you can hit the economy sector as well as the more discriminating consumer. However this ends up, I wish you the best of luck.

Honest feedback? Quit waffling. Pick a business model and stick with it. There is no such thing as a perfect business model. You have to find your unique selling proposition that sets you apart from the rest of the marketplace, and make that your bedrock. Take it from a serial entrepreneur who has tried them all. You are a small fish in a big sea right now, and all the bigger fish want to consume you. Find that USP and then build from it. In all honesty, this is a tough industry. Like I've said before, most people who buy a "survival kit" couldn't care less about the quality. They want something to throw in the closet in order to feel better. You have two options at this point: you convince the uninterested that your product is not only superior, but necessary as well. Or, you target the market segment of those who are into preparedness and know their stuff. Either way is an uphill battle, but only you can decide which path to take. I know you get a lot of crap here, but it's nothing compared to the actual marketplace. Personally, I wish you the best of luck. I am always for the folks who are trying to build their own business. If it were me, I would develop a tier of products. You could have basic, intermediate, and top level. That way you can hit the economy sector as well as the more discriminating consumer. However this ends up, I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks. And yea, I might do that. I for sure am gonna keep selling the first aid kits, and the upcoming EDC specific kits, with quality item in them. So yeah. Thank ya for the feedback and wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom