• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Fall Classes at Protective Measures LLC

I am with aimless...nothing to attack, bash, or whatever else CCW tried to start...just wanted to get a background before I make a referral...thank you so much and for what you are doing.

I took the Basic Defensive class and I enjoyed it. I also felt like I got my money's worth. I intend on taking the intermediate class soon. I also intend on sending the wife through the ladies class. If I though there was something lacking in the instruction I wouldn't be taking any other classes. The Basic class takes your carry system and puts it to the test. What do you carry and how do you carry it? Can you get it and shoot it in the timeframe you would need to?

I dont see what the problem is with asking what the instructors backgrounds are. If I am paying money then I want to know who is teaching me. Ive trained with a lot of people that arent known but what they have to teach is excellent. A little background info on the instructors is never a negative thing. Like I said just because someone doesnt have a big name doesnt mean they cant give first rate instruction. But background is needed before any decision to spend my money would be finalized.

Who have your instructors trained with, what classes have they themselves taken, what classes and instructors have you trained under.

And you know the old saying, those that can, do, and those that cant, teach.

I dont see what the problem is with asking what the instructors backgrounds are. If I am paying money then I want to know who is teaching me. Ive trained with a lot of people that arent known but what they have to teach is excellent. A little background info on the instructors is never a negative thing. Like I said just because someone doesnt have a big name doesnt mean they cant give first rate instruction. But background is needed before any decision to spend my money would be finalized.

Who have your instructors trained with, what classes have they themselves taken, what classes and instructors have you trained under.

And you know the old saying, those that can, do, and those that cant, teach.

but then you got CCW who will take any thread and turn it into a boiler room topic....:(

I took the Basic Defensive class and I enjoyed it. I also felt like I got my money's worth. I intend on taking the intermediate class soon. I also intend on sending the wife through the ladies class. If I though there was something lacking in the instruction I wouldn't be taking any other classes. The Basic class takes your carry system and puts it to the test. What do you carry and how do you carry it? Can you get it and shoot it in the timeframe you would need to?

I took the same class with hawkeye, and will once again vouch for the 'bang for the buck' value of this course with Monty. I, too, plan on progressing through his other courses and also get my wife and some of her female co-workers to attend his ladies specific course.

"Aimless" you are correct that it is ambitious to cover all the info. mentioned.

I formed my outline as a result of taking many "beginning" classes that left people w/o a shooting background behind or didn't allow for the fact that we don't all carry the same way, use the same platform or have the same "threat" conditions.

I do my very best to identify & address each person's individual needs.

No... it's not easy but it can be very satisfying.

When you "fix" a shooters trigger control problem or help a woman overcome her fear of guns where she goes from closing her eyes pulling the trigger on a .22 revolver loaded w/ the powderless Aguila "primer" only rounds that have no recoil or muzzle blast to emptying a full mag. (under control) of 9mm into the "bad guy" while she stands aggressively & hurls profanities at the target for violating the sanctity of her home... wow.

The looks on the husband's faces are priceless.

I'm doing my best to give more than people expect.

I can offer several dozen referrals from different levels of classes to anyone who'd like them.

I've never had anyone ask for their money back & even though we stick to our scheduled times, I've never stopped a class because the "paid for" time was up... but I have on a few occasions, came out to the range for "bonus" classes if some people were struggling & didn't want to slow the rest of the class down.

My belief is that when you're trying to make a name for yourself you have to exceed everyones expectations.

Thank you for the reply. I agree with you some courses can forget about the "little guy" though in my experience when one student or a number of students have difficulty grasping the course of fire an instructor will work with them one on one until they improve. I saw this a lot up at Tom Givens school. I think for the most part you have answered everyone's questions including mine. Unfortunately things are being sired up because there is a professional troll on the lose. Just so you and I are clear. I have no issues with you or with what you are doing or your school. I was asking those initial questions because I saw a gap in the information given and the amount of instruction seemed as I said ambitious. You have since cleared it up and I have no more issues or questions. I wish you well.

Klark, trust me. Weve been on him about that Crackberry for a while now. Just say no to the trackball!! Are you still dining with the yanks?

Back
Top Bottom