• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Fall Classes at Protective Measures LLC

I have trained at Shootrite, Glock, & Intelliquest.

Inst.#2 has been to Frontsight, Sig Sauer, Blackwater, Thunder Ranch, and the police academy.
He is active duty L.E. (forgot to mention some of those in the first post).

Inst. #3 has trained at Dyncorps, the police academy & was a contractor in Afghan. tasked w/ training Afghani. police.

Inst. #3 is a retired Marine and has trained at Intelliquest, Glock, somewhere else that slips my mind, & extensively w/ me.

Inst. #4 is also a retired Marine. He trained w/ the old Blackwater and is S.W.A.T. certified.

As far as total paid for training hours, I have the spent the most time & $ training. I had a very successful business that I built up & sold & since I hated golf I used the extra funds to pay for my training.

It was a great way to get one's mind off of work.

Firearms training, especially at the intermediate & advanced level requires 100% focus to be safe & proficient.

The students that I've had come through that have been to other more well known schools have come back for more classes.
Although a lot of what we offer is comparable, almost identical to what some of the others teach, I think what makes us unique is our adaptability & thinking outside the confines of a square range & working w/ each student to identify individual defensive needs.

Hope I answered your question.

That does answer questions. I am curious as to the trainning that Glock provides, is it an armorers course or does it involve actual gun fighting and weapons manipulation?

It is a 1000 rd. Instructor's only workshop that consists of the 1 day armorer's class followed by a 2 1/2 - 3 day Firearms Instructor class which has elements from basic, intermediate, & advanced classes in it.
You need to be very "squared away" with your gear & shooting as it is not for beginning or intermediate shooters.
You can expect to meet some mid-to-high level trainers & shooters there. The shooting is fast paced with some pretty intense drills.

They will take your Glock shooting skill to the next level for sure.
We got to spend about an hour talking with Dave Sevigny but now that he's gone I don't know who will be their main competitive shooter.

At the end of the class we got to shoot a couple mags. through a G-18.... pretty fun.

Look up www.glocktraining.com for more info.

I believe Dennis Tueller, famous for "inventing" the "21" foot rule is one of their teachers.

Really top-notch lesson plan, facilities, & Instructors.

Jumping in a little late here:

I can say this about Monte's classes (Protective Measures)....I don't really give a $hit what his pedigree is, the dog will HUNT! I am a civilian, a person that several years ago an "operator" would call a member of the "sheeple". I was not tactically aware, did NOT carry daily, and was woefully under-trained. I had a galvanizing incident that illuminated my NEED FOR TRAINING....que stage right....Protective Measures.

Currently, I have taken every class Monte has offered and will continue. I am a different shooter, much more tactically sound, better mindset, and have begun to develop a "system" to protect myself and my family. I have created a plan of action for my family, my business, and my friends, and while I have long ways to go, I am light years from where I was. I understand that people want credentials, plaques on the wall, diplomas, palmares,............but the proof is in the class. Based on the threads I have followed here where people are constantly changing their CCW rigs, guns, holsters, etc......I see a NEED for this type of training.

I am glad to see that this thread changed tones as I would hate to see it turn into a $hit-slinging session. I can tell you this with absolute certainty, I would recommend Monte's classes 100% without hesitation.

For what is worth I am going to use CCW as an example:
Regardless of what you think about Chris, he is a good guy, a straight shooter in more than one way. I have been in his place of business numerous times and we talk guns. For the first year I knew him, every time I went in there he was carrying a different system. At times, VASTLY different in controls and manipulation. Since taking Monte's course I have seen a shift in his focus and attitude towards getting serious about having an effective "system" to defend yourself and your family. I hope Chris doesn't mind, if he does I am sure I will hear about it. The reason I make this point is because I see this happen from EVERY person that I have recommended taking Montes class too and there have been Many! I have recommended Monte's class to many and there have been a number of friends take his course and they all end up in a better place afterward......isn't that the intended result?

............more worried now, than I was a year ago..................finding cover, not concealment as we speak.....typing from the Alamo bunker in the shop!

In all seriousness, I thought about editing my post to tone it down, but I think I will let it stand....I should mention that I have a wall full of diplomas, certificates, endorsements, etc....none of which matter because I am not in that field anymore.......the point is all of that paper is useless in the field I am in now....In Monte's case, I don't think the guy needs a showcase for his credentials, when the vast majority of people taking his course are NOT LEO, military, but civilians....His classes are pertinent, well done, and beneficial to all but maybe 1.275% of our population (obviously a completely fabricated stat!)

I have met all of Monte's instructors, trained with them, and they are all good guys and very skilled and Monte's mission is shared by all instructors. My plan is to send my wife through his ladies course this fall and for me to continue to advance as his course offerings expand. Montes business is outgrowing his infrastructure, not a bad place to be in this economy. A fancy website doesn't ensure a good course, just a slick website. I doubt anyone would take his course and not feel like they have gotten their dollars worth.

I have even trained with CCW and found him to be near likable.....nearly......but it was hot and my judgement could have been impaired....

Last edited:
Thanks for the support Shane.

As I've mentioned previously, I'm proud to compare my class' & their content as well as the manner in which they're taught up against anyone else's.
As students who have taken similar classes from other more well-known schools have told me... in most cases, we include more info. & do it for less money.
Our class curriculums are second to none.
After 3 years & over 200 students & no bad reviews it seems like the people who TAKE our classes are happy so the people who TALK critically about our school but have never been to one class, out to our range, or even spoken with me face-to-face about what or how we teach doesn't really bother me very much.
As long as the people who spend their hard-earned money leave happy & come back often... that works for me.

Wow. The one day Ladies class for the 24th of Sept. filled up today.
We may do a 2nd class for the day after which is Sunday the 25th or the following Satur. (Oct.1).

I will update as more spots are reserved.

We will also be setting class dates for a Senior's class soon as well.

Thanks.

Glad to see this thread back on the track intended.

I met Monte once and agree that this obviously IS his life's work. His concern and overall dedication to his trade should be enough. I will be attending regardless of the distance SIMPLY because i felt he was straight up the best choice. I just hope Chris lets me sleep on his shop floor instead of a hotel.

He seems generous that way

Klark, the mattress store next door always has trade in mattresses out back by the dumpster. Just make sure to stay away from the wet ones or ones with red spots all over them.

Back
Top Bottom