• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Fall Classes at Protective Measures LLC

I should be able to attend one of the beginner classes in Oct. I will let you know when I am sure about which date I can be available.

Look forward to having you.
We will be having classes almost every weekend & at least once during the week, usually on Wednesdays.
If you have any questions that aren't covered earlier in this thread, feel free to P.M., email, or call me.
Still working on getting the website & Facebook page up.
Thanks...and additional thanks to the O.D.T. members on here who helped fill up the Ladies class on Sept. 24th.

Last edited:
I wish you were not so far away. Your class sounds like good info and fun!

Far away??? I've taken several multi-day classes as far as 5 hrs. away & had students who have went to schools where they flew out to Arizona!

It usually comes down to a matter of priorities. An hour or two is not really very far to drive.
We've had several people drive up from Atlanta & a few have came back for additional training.

I do however recognize that time & money are both really tight for a lot of people in today's world so I've tried as much as possible to provide the best bang for the buck possible.

From the first training classes I took as a student 20 years ago I was frustrated that so much of the training was "one-size-fits-all" with no real allowance for the diverse individual needs that people have.
When I formed my school I was determined to teach all of the necessary fundamentals while also incorporating elements into the training to help each student learn techniques & develop systems that fit their unique concerns or needs.

Would love to have you if you get the chance to come up & train with us... but if circumstances don't allow for it, I encourage you & everyone who hasn't been able to, to seek out some quality Instructors/Schools & take some defensive training SOMEWHERE.

Learning new skills or refining old ones can be a lot of fun and it just might save your life one day.... especially in today's world.

Far away??? I've taken several multi-day classes as far as 5 hrs. away & had students who have went to schools where they flew out to Arizona!

It usually comes down to a matter of priorities. An hour or two is not really very far to drive.
We've had several people drive up from Atlanta & a few have came back for additional training.

I do however recognize that time & money are both really tight for a lot of people in today's world so I've tried as much as possible to provide the best bang for the buck possible.

From the first training classes I took as a student 20 years ago I was frustrated that so much of the training was "one-size-fits-all" with no real allowance for the diverse individual needs that people have.
When I formed my school I was determined to teach all of the necessary fundamentals while also incorporating elements into the training to help each student learn techniques & develop systems that fit their unique concerns or needs.

Would love to have you if you get the chance to come up & train with us... but if circumstances don't allow for it, I encourage you & everyone who hasn't been able to, to seek out some quality Instructors/Schools & take some defensive training SOMEWHERE.

Learning new skills or refining old ones can be a lot of fun and it just might save your life one day.... especially in today's world.

Got a weeks vacation coming up in november. Getting away from my area is tough due to work. Do you have rifle classes? Would love to take another one of those. Maybe CCW will let me crash at his place ;)

That's exactly how I did a big part of my training. I "treated" myself to classes using vacation time. After the first one I was hooked. Previously all of my knowledge was self-taught & I thought I was pretty dialed in but during that first class I realized that the majority of my knowledge was "theoretical" and I was doing a lot of things incorrectly which slowed my progress as I had to unlearn the things I was doing wrong.

We do carbine classes but don't offer Precision rifle (.308/ .338 Lapua/ .50 BMG) as all of our classes other than women's, kid's, young adult's & senior specialty classes are primarily civilian self-defense classes.

Just about impossible to justify to a jury why you had to use lethal force with a rifle at 200-500 yds.

He might. There are a good range of reasonably priced hotels nearby as an option if the class is 2 days back to back although many times we'll do concurrent weekend days ( one day one weekend & one day on the next) as an option.

My first "serious, well-taught" class was an epiphany.

The skies opened up.... angels sang..... stars & planets lined up.... and a light came down from above.... ( at least it felt like it.)

I still remember that class.

We are so fortunate to still have a country where we have the rights to own & use firearms like we do.
If you look at many countries around the world, America has such freedom compared to so many of the others.

As bad as things are we still have it pretty good in that respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom