• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Fall Classes at Protective Measures LLC

That's exactly how I did a big part of my training. I "treated" myself to classes using vacation time. After the first one I was hooked. Previously all of my knowledge was self-taught & I thought I was pretty dialed in but during that first class I realized that the majority of my knowledge was "theoretical" and I was doing a lot of things incorrectly which slowed my progress as I had to unlearn the things I was doing wrong.

We do carbine classes but don't offer Precision rifle (.308/ .338 Lapua/ .50 BMG) as all of our classes other than women's, kid's, young adult's & senior specialty classes are primarily civilian self-defense classes.

Just about impossible to justify to a jury why you had to use lethal force with a rifle at 200-500 yds.

He might. There are a good range of reasonably priced hotels nearby as an option if the class is 2 days back to back although many times we'll do concurrent weekend days ( one day one weekend & one day on the next) as an option.

My first "serious, well-taught" class was an epiphany.

The skies opened up.... angels sang..... stars & planets lined up.... and a light came down from above.... ( at least it felt like it.)

I still remember that class.

We are so fortunate to still have a country where we have the rights to own & use firearms like we do.
If you look at many countries around the world, America has such freedom compared to so many of the others.

As bad as things are we still have it pretty good in that respect.

A nice carbine class is what I had in mind. No sniper rifles here, well one or two but I dont really enjoy shooting them. I would either bring an Ak or the FN FS.

Sure, I love my rifles but unlike many have no illusion that "the only thing my pistol is for is to fight my way to my rifle"... the fight will be long over before most civilians can get to their rifles. People need to focus on learning to be proficient w/ what you will have w/ you in a time of need.
but don't get me wrong... they are awesome & fun to train with.

UPDATE:

The one-day Ladies only class on Sept. 24th is just about full. We have room for maybe one or two more at most.

Oct. 8th & 9th will be another Basic Defensive Pistol I class.
There are 4 signed up for it so far so we can handle 8 more but I prefer to keep it to classes of no more than 8 total so each student gets more attention.
If you think you MAY want to take it, drop me a line or call me & we can discuss deatils.

Thanks,

M. Sanders
Protective Measures LLC

P.S. Oct.1st & 2nd classes are cancelled because I will be taking more classes myself out of town for the entire weekend.

For this weekend's ladies class we have 6 spots taken w/ only 2 more available.
Anyone else who would like to attend feel free to call/text me at 706-980-0668 & I'll be glad to send you the outline for the class.
On Oct. 8th & 9th we are having our Basic Defensive Pistol class which is our most popular one. We still have a few spots open for this one so come on out if you get the chance. The weather should be great for training. We are so glad that the temps. are finally coming down... Summer on the range was very hot this year.

There is one spot left in this weekend's class. However we will be scheduling more soon.
I had 3 phone calls today from prospective students so the next (Basic) class will be posted soon.

We have also made some progress on our website & hope to have our Facebook page up soon also.

We had a great class this weekend!
Our website is still under development but it is finally up... thanks to the efforts of "CCW" who noticed that I'm much more efficient pressing a trigger than the keys of a computer keyboard & so took it upon himself to help get it online.
We still have a lot of content to load (including several more testimonials) but it should answer many questions that come up on a regular basis.
I'll be updating the calendar soon with upcoming training class dates.
While we have had classes almost every week this year, most of those have been custom classes & we're hoping to switch to standard scheduled classes by this spring.
We're also looking for a range in Atlanta to offer some classes down there as well.
Thanks for all of your support.
By the way, our web address is www.protectivemeasures.net

Last edited:
Now bear in mind, we will be filling out the rest of the content in the next week or two, but it at least gives an idea of what we're about and the reviews of those who have actually taken our classes.

Back
Top Bottom