• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

:wacko: Compliance = registration of a firearm configuration that the fatf called legal for 10 years and it's completely different than paying your $200 for an F1. The latter is a choice. The former is not.

Removing your brace or adding an extension changes nothing from a registration point. And if the courts rule favorably, then you simply go back to the config you had before. But for those who took the free Biden SBR, those firearms are now registered. Something folks could've done later down the line if the courts did not rule favorably.

For those who comply and register, it's about nothing other than a free Biden SBR so please quit pretending otherwise.
Dude quit wasting ur time. It's like talking to a brick wall. They'll never get it. U can tell some people like to argue just for the fun of it. **** all that drama bull****.

Gimme a break... :wacko: If money is so tight that you have to choose between donating $200 to fight or $200 to do an F1, then perhaps your priorities are just a little mixed up.

Oh thank goodness the free Biden SBR came along so you don't have to make that choice now. :rolleyes: Do you know how ridiculous that sounds...

As has been mentioned, there is a good chance that not only could this illegal ruling be overturned, but SBRs could be removed from NFA entirely due to the fact that the morons at the fatf entered common use into this discussion.

But if everyone decides to comply with this illegal ruling and register for their free Biden SBR, then I'm sure that will go over real well in court. Exactly what defense would we have at that point??? And I'm still waiting on that apology...

Go back and read my original post. It had nothing to do with the money, I just never bothered while braces were still a thing. The money is spent either way, and I'm much happier giving it to FPC/SAF than the Treasury Dept.

And your argument that the number of 'free' f1s will be used in court is ludicrous. A tiny fraction of 1% will probably go through the hassle of a form-1 of any kind. 99.999% of brace owners will simply take it off.

So the ATF can say that .0008% (~8000) of their 10 million brace holders got form 1s instead of the .0004% (~4000 filed) from last year?

And it's also completely irrelevant to the arguments being brought up in court. You posted a few of the legal videos in this thread, do ANY of them talk about using the form 1 numbers in their cases?

And why would I apologize to you?

And like I said folks who are complying by registering their firearms are doing so because they couldn't turn down the free gubmint cheese. Which is why you have no reply...
To be honest the fact that I wouldn't have to engrave was more attractive to me than the $200. If that had still been a requirement I probably would have just taken them off and waited for a few years while it got sorted out.

No reply to what? You haven't made a point to reply to...

I've explained my reasons as clearly as I can. You respond with a few insults. It's kind of like arguing with a two year old.

You don’t get a stamp if you go for the freebie. And you can only do individual with the freebie. So if you add to trust at a later date, then you get your stamp. After you pay your $200 of course. At least this is what I interpreted from the drivel that was posted.

It's a form 1 and you get the same stamp as any form 1 according to Silencer Shop. Since it's e-file you get an 'e-stamp', but I've gotten those for from 4s before and all you have to do is print out the document is you want a physical copy.

You could technically do a trust with the free version but you had to be able to prove the gun was in the trust before the rule took effect, and probably no one bothered with getting the notarized paperwork for that.

If you decide later on to move the gun to a trust you will get another stamp when you complete the process and I guess the original one simply becomes null and void? No idea on that.

Dude quit wasting ur time. It's like talking to a brick wall. They'll never get it. U can tell some people like to argue just for the fun of it. **** all that drama bull****.
Your not wrong, but I've been arguing about crap in the Internet since before there was an Internet (Compuserve and other BBS's).

It's kind of fun to see people melt down when their own illogic burns them in the butt.

Go back and read my original post. It had nothing to do with the money, I just never bothered while braces were still a thing. The money is spent either way, and I'm much happier giving it to FPC/SAF than the Treasury Dept.

And your argument that the number of 'free' f1s will be used in court is ludicrous. A tiny fraction of 1% will probably go through the hassle of a form-1 of any kind. 99.999% of brace owners will simply take it off.

So the ATF can say that .0008% (~8000) of their 10 million brace holders got form 1s instead of the .0004% (~4000 filed) from last year?

And it's also completely irrelevant to the arguments being brought up in court. You posted a few of the legal videos in this thread, do ANY of them talk about using the form 1 numbers in their cases?

And why would I apologize to you?

To be honest the fact that I wouldn't have to engrave was more attractive to me than the $200. If that had still been a requirement I probably would have just taken them off and waited for a few years while it got sorted out.

No reply to what? You haven't made a point to reply to...

I've explained my reasons as clearly as I can. You respond with a few insults. It's kind of like arguing with a two year old.

It's a form 1 and you get the same stamp as any form 1 according to Silencer Shop. Since it's e-file you get an 'e-stamp', but I've gotten those for from 4s before and all you have to do is print out the document is you want a physical copy.

You could technically do a trust with the free version but you had to be able to prove the gun was in the trust before the rule took effect, and probably no one bothered with getting the notarized paperwork for that.

If you decide later on to move the gun to a trust you will get another stamp when you complete the process and I guess the original one simply becomes null and void? No idea on that.
Tldr..

Back
Top Bottom