• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Georgia Code 16-11-122 and 16-11-124(4) prohibit the possession of a short barreled rifle or shotgun, silencer, explosive device, or machine gun. Exempt from this prohibition are persons authorized to possess such an item because he has registered it in accordance with the National Firearms Act.
And GA code uses basically the same definition of SBR as the feds.

Still, I don't see how this changes a lot here in GA. It mimics the feds so the result is the same. If the rule does somehow stick you can either get rid of the brace or file the new Form 1. That satisfies both state and federal.

There are some states where SBR/SBS's are just plain illegal though, but braced pistols were simply pistols. Those folks can't do the Form 1 route but you would think they would still be able to remove the brace and be OK.

And GA code uses basically the same definition of SBR as the feds.

Still, I don't see how this changes a lot here in GA. It mimics the feds so the result is the same. If the rule does somehow stick you can either get rid of the brace or file the new Form 1. That satisfies both state and federal.

There are some states where SBR/SBS's are just plain illegal though, but braced pistols were simply pistols. Those folks can't do the Form 1 route but you would think they would still be able to remove the brace and be OK.
SBRs are illegal in GA unless registered with the ATF. IF you take advantage of the "free" stamp...you are admitting that you own an ILLEGAL SBR in the state of GA. Going by this premise, the only way to be legal(LOL) in Georgia is to remove the brace and register using form 1 AND pay the $200 tax.

I see the issue when you mail the CLEO copy. Really depends on where it gets mailed. I have been mailing to the AG...have mailed to the Gwinnett County sheriff in the past.

Certainly a nasty can of worms.

“BrACeS MaKe PiStOlS tOo CoNcEaLaBlE” -AFT
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Challenge accepted…thanks retards. It fits better in a smaller backpack now and I can easily fire it one handed accurately using my infinite eye relief red dot.
D64A11B3-BA07-411C-A2E2-3D45911C6923.jpeg
AF929A51-79DC-4F92-AD55-7ED0A464898E.jpeg

SBRs are illegal in GA unless registered with the ATF. IF you take advantage of the "free" stamp...you are admitting that you own an ILLEGAL SBR in the state of GA. Going by this premise, the only way to be legal(LOL) in Georgia is to remove the brace and register using form 1 AND pay the $200 tax.

I see the issue when you mail the CLEO copy. Really depends on where it gets mailed. I have been mailing to the AG...have mailed to the Gwinnett County sheriff in the past.

Certainly a nasty can of worms.
If anyone wanted to file for their "free" SBR and was actually worried about this, they could always just remove the brace and store separately until the stamp was approved. You aren't really admitting you own an illegal SBR, you're admitting that on the day the rule was published, telling you it would henceforth be illegal, you decided to follow their rules and apply for the stamp during the amnesty period. You then could have taken the brace off and just had a perfectly legal pistol, while you wait around for the stamp to be approved. The rule for the "amnesty" doesn't say that you have to maintain the braced pistol in that configuration while you wait, only that you had to have it in that configuration on the day the rule was published in the Federal Register.

That's assuming the State of Georgia wanted to come after people for this which seems pretty unlikely given that the AG has joined the multi state suit against the ATF.

So I might be someone who qualifies for actually needing a stabilizing brace due to a physical disability. Do I just get my doctor to write a note saying yes this guy needs this brace due to x injury. And then just keep that note with me when I travel with my braced pistol? What’s the process here?
Nope, the new rule doesn't distinguish between those who actually have need of the brace and those who don't, only how the firearm is configured. So if it's configured such that the ATF now considers it an SBR (which it probably is) then it still needs to be registered in order to legally posses it with the brace.
Note that you still had to be in possession of the braced pistol on Jan 31st in order to apply for the "free" tax stamp.

Nope, the new rule doesn't distinguish between those who actually have need of the brace and those who don't, only how the firearm is configured. So if it's configured such that the ATF now considers it an SBR (which it probably is) then it still needs to be registered in order to legally posses it with the brace.
Note that you still had to be in possession of the braced pistol on Jan 31st in order to apply for the "free" tax stamp.
So it's anti-2a and anti-ada. Great job AFT. I pray you get bitch smacked back to irrelevancy by the SCOTUS.

Back
Top Bottom