• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Still don't understand how non-elected official can write laws, I was always under the impression that the congress had to write laws and then pass them with the pres's signature. Perhaps I am missing something?
They can't and they have said this over and over. The bureaucrats just keep ignoring it because...well, they can.

But there is something called Chevron deference they will try to use. It says Congress passes a law to do something and they get to decide how to interpret/enforce it.(I may not have this exactly correct) The court doesn't like Chevron deference and this gives them another chance to squash it.

So we’re at this point

Attachments

• 7AFDD8C9-B7DB-40B4-8D38-023A0DC80E48.png
    7AFDD8C9-B7DB-40B4-8D38-023A0DC80E48.png
    205 KB · Views: 25
So they are basically outlawing AR pistols in any form unless you register them as SBRs which would create the single largest gun registry of sporting "rifles" in the history of the world in 120 days. Seems par for the course for the Feds. This would be the largest step in history towards an illegal national gun registry.

Yes, so the next 'rule' they create will be to confiscate and they will have the database of who and where to come a knockin.

Correct... as I mentioned in my post before that, pistol tubes are explicitly called out as OK, but tubes with things like adjustment holes are not.

Not sure how much this will hurt small dealers, since I think they can return their braced things to the manufacturers.

Manufacturers will take a write-down on having to destroy these braces, as well as the labor and parts to 'remake' some of the guns so braces can't be fitted and they can be sold as pistols.

I would expect SB, Tailhook, etc. to go out of business, just like SlideFire did, which is the real end goal here. After all, braced pistols aren't an issue for ATF if no one makes braces anymore.

Again it's not that simple. If they determine in anyway that the pistol with pistol buffer tube can be used like a rifle, they could determine it's in violation. Like all fatf BS, it's left up to interpretation. And there are also small manufacturers who primarily deal in pistols with braces. They are probably going to go out of business because of this.

So we’re at this point

yes

atf-box-of-chocolates.jpg

Looks like within 120 days, your options are:
Replace barrel
Remove brace
Turn in gun
Destroy gun
SBR it within 120 days and tax stamp fee is waived.

Whats not hard to understand?

Not saying I agree with it so dont flame me for reading comprehension.

What’s your opinion on braced shotguns that started life with a birdseye grip? Applicable?

Back
Top Bottom