• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

The ATF saying pistol braced weapons are now "sbr's" is creating/changing the law they don't have the power to do. Isn't that what we're talking about or am I confused? Lol
No, his comment was to my comment that everyone is complaining about the enforcement “rule“ and not the actual law that bred it.

i do. i think its a joke, and illegal. but since it is a law it will be hard to over turn. but when a provision was put in to stop something that turned out not to be part of the law, it should be easily removed...

The NFA has been changed several times in the past.

Originally both shotguns and rifles needed to have an 18" barrel, but a few years after it passed makers of 22 rimfire guns got them exempted so they only needed a 16" barrel.

Then later on that same length was applied to rifles when the government dumped a bunch of M1 Carbines on the market through the CMP, only to realize that they didn't meet the 18" barrel requirement and they had illegally sold SBRs.

That's why shotguns have to have an 18" barrel and rifles only need to have a 16" one.

So it can be modified if common sense is allowed to prevail, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon these days. And It would probably be just as hard to modify it nowadays as to scrap it all together.

“ Short-Barreled rifles are dangerous and unusual weapons, and their
use is not protected by the Second Amendment”

Can someone please explain to me like I’m 5 how a shorter barrel suddenly makes a gun more dangerous?

The dangerous and unusual classification came about for machine guns and the ATF just slapped the same phrase on SBRs and suppressors without any factual evidence proving either of them to be more dangerous than a standard firearm.

The last dumb **** in the WH opened this door. Saying that AR pistols are “dangerous and unusual” is exactly as capricious and idiotic as saying a bump stock has a “higher rate of fire.”

Trump’s idiotic bump stock ban opened a Pandora’s box.

Anti gunners are just getting warmed up.

The last dumb **** in the WH opened this door. Saying that AR pistols are “dangerous and unusual” is exactly as capricious and idiotic as saying a bump stock has a “higher rate of fire.”

Trump’s idiotic bump stock ban opened a Pandora’s box.

Anti gunners are just getting warmed up.

Wow the Trump hate is obvious how many times did you vote for Biden? News flash who is President doesn’t really mean **** the ones running the agencies does and having career politicians is why we are in the position we are.

I’m betting your vaxxed

Back
Top Bottom