• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE: Land ownership/deed question

I have an easement driveway. The builder that bought half of it labeled my driveway/roadway my neighbor and i share as recreational so he could build more houses, also brought my 25ft down to about 10. I think developements need the extra free space for some reason. Good luck with cherokee county there a joke.There is no such thing as trespassing in ga either unless 100% gated and someone causes 500+ damage entering. Or enters and doesnt leave when asked. ****in nightmare.. ive got ppl jogging and walking up and down my driveway on occasion now.

Has anyone actually looked at the deed for the new guys instead of the tax records. The recorded deed will be current within a few hours. His deed will take care of any speculation.

What the county tax people tell you may not correspond to what is actually in the deed.

Go to deeds.cherokeega.com and type in lastname, first name or just last name and youll find everything. Problem is getting cherokee county to enforce stuff.

Disclaimer: I have zero legal education.

I am not sure I get the whole "recreational lot" wording. I looked up the deeds, and I don't see where it says public use.

The deeds convey the right to ownership for properties, and easements or encumbrances will be recorded on the deeds. Just like with power companies, pipelines, conservation easements etc. These rights are given to specific entities to be on a property that they do not own. Just because there is a power line easement on my property doesn't mean "anyone" can use it.

Just because a lot says it is "recreational", or only to be used for fishing, or growing orchids or whatever doesn't mean I can use it. The deeds clearly delineate the rights of the owners of the property. Is there anywhere on the deeds that say "XXX people/ public/ HOA etc" has a legal right to be on the property?

upload_2018-4-23_13-18-27.png

upload_2018-4-23_13-18-48.png

upload_2018-4-23_13-19-11.png

upload_2018-4-23_13-19-28.png

Back
Top Bottom