• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE: Land ownership/deed question

Can't remember if the tax assessor route had been brought up, but it may be worth looking at each parcel and surrounding parcels via free online tax assessor records (GIS records).
Yes, I've done that, as well as talking to the tax assessors office directly. Frankly, I'm pretty much over it for now, and I've been informed by my wife and son that we're probably moving anyway so not sure how much more energy I'm willing to expend.

I know some of you have forgotten all about this but I figured I would update anyway. I was just informed that the Cherokee County Marshal's Office has contacted the heir (wife) of the developer and notified her that the property in question is available for use as a recreation area for all residents of the subdivision. She has also been instructed to have the vehicles removed from the property. She will have to have all references to "Recreation Area" removed from all deeds and plats before she can claim it as her or her relative's private property.

Will have to be enforced...
Yeah, I have my reservations. From what I understand, the deputy had already visited the residence once and they told him they had purchased the property. He apparently wasn't pleased when he found out they had lied to him, maybe that will help in the future.

Back
Top Bottom